Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Defective iPhone 11

Options
  • 01-01-2020 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

About 3 weeks ago I bought a new iPhone 11 Pro Max in Dublin straight out. Very happy so far however about a week ago I noticed a small imperfection on one of the camera modules. It’s not affecting the camera(yet) but my worry is that it might in the future and that if it got past QC what else did.

I was in Belfast shopping and had it looked at in the Apple shop who verified it was a manufacturing defect. The most they would do is give a refurbished phone which I wasn’t happy about because I’ve only just gotten it and I want a new replacement. They said for me to take it back to where I bought it and due to the age of the phone they should really be swapping the phone for a new one or a refund.

I’d be happy with a replacement new phone just not a refurb. I spoke to one of the guys in the store who was trying to push me to a refurb but I wasn’t having it and he’s suggested I speak to the manager when he gets back to work in the new year. Should they be giving me a new phone? I’ve a funny feeling he’s gonna try and give me the run around regarding it. I have the receipt and otherwise the phone is in mint condition. Anyone have any input? It would be very much appreciated
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭whippet

Genuine Apple ‘refurbs’ are actually brand new so that wouldn’t concern me.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Magic-SG1

Unfortunately they’re not. I’ve both had one replaced by Apple directly before(not new but mint condition) and the “genius” informed me a few day’s ago that it wouldn’t be a new retail handset.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭whippet

It’s not new ‘retail’ however it is brand new .. believe me .. I worked with an Apple service centre for years

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Magic-SG1

So, decided to trust you and your “years” of service and got the phone replaced at Apple today. It was as I suspected not brand new but in mint condition....or so I thought until I noticed a dead pixel 20 minutes. Awesome.

Advertisement