Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap wide angle lense camera

Options
  • 31-12-2019 3:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭

What options do I have for about €250 ??

It's for landscape photography.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

Samyang/Rokonin 14mm.

Not sure what mount you have. I personally haven't used this lens but I'm looking at wide-angle options for 4K video to compensate for the 4K crop factor on the Canon 5D IV.

This comparrison really makes Rokinon/Samyang look very competitive for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

I have three Samyang lenses. (I'm a Pentax full-frame shooter)
    The 12mm fisheye, the 14mm aspherical, and the 24mm tilt/shift.
    They are all good value. The fisheye had less distortion than I would have thought, and the 14 mm has more, but they shoot very nicely.
    I believe there are versions of these lenses for video specifically, with non-stopped aperture rings. (Mine are definitely for stills)
    I do get excellent resolving power at 36mp, so it should be good on 4k video as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

Heebie wrote: »
    I have three Samyang lenses. (I'm a Pentax full-frame shooter)
    The 12mm fisheye, the 14mm aspherical, and the 24mm tilt/shift.
    They are all good value. The fisheye had less distortion than I would have thought, and the 14 mm has more, but they shoot very nicely.
    I believe there are versions of these lenses for video specifically, with non-stopped aperture rings. (Mine are definitely for stills)
    I do get excellent resolving power at 36mp, so it should be good on 4k video as well.

Glad to hear you have been getting good results from your three Samyang lenes. I never had the opportunity to use them but my confidence/awareness is growing quickly.

You are right, there are video-specific or cine-lenses with de-clicked apertures/aperture rings as you said. That's interesting because I wasn't too familiar at all with cine-lenses for DSLRs. And photography is primary to me but I'm really going to focus on video this year, so I think I found my next lens.

Have you decided on a new lens for yourself yet? Any other nice wide-angles you've came across?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

Have you decided on a new lens for yourself yet? Any other nice wide-angles you've came across?

My latest two lenses have been the Lomography Daguerreotype Achromat 64mm f2.9 prime, and the Lomography Lomogon 32mm f2.5 prime.

Advertisement