Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a ski buddy - Isola 2000 Jan 27 to Feb 2

Options
  • 31-12-2019 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Anyone interested in teaming up for a trip to Isola 2000?

My girlfriend/friends are not interested in skiing or tied up with other commitments.

Flights to Nice are currently under €80 (Sunday 26 Jan to Sunday 2 February) and bus transfer is €12 return. I've a small apartment booked with space for up to 3 guests.

I'm based in Dublin if you would like to meet in person first.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Funkyford79

Hi, not sure if you have gone to Isola before but just a bit of advice as I have gone a few times:

-bus times (lignesdazur) can be awkward with Aer Lingus and Ryanair arrivals (might need to stay in Nice on Sunday night-Ibis @ Airport can be cheap).
    Ryanair late return to Dublin from Nice is perfect as it will allow you practically a full days skiing and then get the ski bus to the airport.

- As for ski passes look out for 50% off Flash sale every Tuesday @ 7pm (will work out at €81 for 7 days Mon-Sun).

-For Ski hire -I have used Ski Republic, Inter sport, Snowell & Snowbrainer. A few of them do 7 days for price of 6.
    All will have discounts codes online or by subscribing to newsletter.

Also one last thing-Tourism Office run events weekly (most of the time free) so worth keeping an eye on (updated week in advance Tues-Mon):

Hope this helps and you recruit a few budding skiers for the week.
    (Sorry I could n't paste in the website links but send me a PM if you need anything further).

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭KaseLieberKase

Hi, not sure if you have gone to Isola before but just a bit of advice as I have gone a few times:

-bus times (lignesdazur) can be awkward with Aer Lingus and Ryanair arrivals (might need to stay in Nice on Sunday night-Ibis @ Airport can be cheap).
    Ryanair late return to Dublin from Nice is perfect as it will allow you practically a full days skiing and then get the ski bus to the airport.

- As for ski passes look out for 50% off Flash sale every Tuesday @ 7pm (will work out at €81 for 7 days Mon-Sun).

-For Ski hire -I have used Ski Republic, Inter sport, Snowell & Snowbrainer. A few of them do 7 days for price of 6.
    All will have discounts codes online or by subscribing to newsletter.

Also one last thing-Tourism Office run events weekly (most of the time free) so worth keeping an eye on (updated week in advance Tues-Mon):

Hope this helps and you recruit a few budding skiers for the week.
    (Sorry I could n't paste in the website links but send me a PM if you need anything further).

Thanks for all the tips, much appreciated.

You're right about the bus times not lining up. I will be spending one night in Nice before setting off to Isola, should be there for around 9am so thankfully not missing much.

Got my discount pass yesterday after one previous failed attempt!

Fingers crossed for a ski buddy, original plan was to get a bed in a hostel dorm and make friends that way but I couldn't find one so figured I'd take a shot in the dark posting here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭a148pro

Working that week but thinking of going tomorrow if anyone interested? Will post in the other thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Interested, how much is the apartment?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭KaseLieberKase

RasTa wrote: »
    Interested, how much is the apartment?

€422.14 for two (i.e. €211.07 pp)

• Advertisement
Advertisement