Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nepresso Vs Nespresso Vertuo

Options
  • 30-12-2019 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭

Which would you recommend?
    Current nespresso is on its way out and need to upgrade
    so its either replace the pixie I have or try out the vertuo

Wondering if anyone has a recommendation either way?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

I upgraded to the Vertuo as it does the usual 3 Nespresso coffee lengths and also a proper 'mug' of coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I upgraded to the Vertuo as it does the usual 3 Nespresso coffee lengths and also a proper 'mug' of coffee.

me too

the only issue really is that you are limited to official nespresso capsules for many years

whereas the capsules for the earlier version are everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

Is it hotter or colder than nespresso?
    I've often found nespresso to be a little on the cool side

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭alec76

youngblood wrote: »
    Are you preheating your coffee cup at all ?
    It is mandatory rule for espresso making.

youngblood wrote: »

As above you need to preheat your cup, like for any coffee really apart from instant :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

I have found Vertuo slightly hotter than the OL. But I have also started pre heating my mug and the difference it has made is insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

As above you need to preheat your cup, like for any coffee really apart from instant :D
    High quality coffees are usually best enjoyed well below the brewing temperatures, so a cold cup helps getting there quicker.

High quality coffees are usually best enjoyed well below the brewing temperatures, so a cold cup helps getting there quicker.

Indeed. But the Nespresso machines brew the coffee at exactly the correct temperature therefore putting it into a cold cup affects that temperature, therefore preheating the cup is a must. It's a chicken and egg situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

Which taste do you prefer- Nespresso Original or Vertuo?

Indeed. But the Nespresso machines brew the coffee at exactly the correct temperature therefore putting it into a cold cup affects that temperature, therefore preheating the cup is a must. It's a chicken and egg situation.
    Optimal brewing and drinking temperatures are two different values. Good coffee should not be very hot, bad coffee must be. The same principle applies to e.g. to beers, just on the opposite end of the beverage temperatures scale, hence all piss is always recommended to be drank frozen cold, else you can taste how bad it really is. Now, I'm not here to change anyone's habits or preferences, just correcting on the "It is mandatory rule for espresso making." myth. If you need your coffee as hot as possible, then yes, preheating cups is needed.

• Advertisement

Optimal brewing and drinking temperatures are two different values. Good coffee should not be very hot, bad coffee must be. The same principle applies to e.g. to beers, just on the opposite end of the beverage temperatures scale, hence all piss is always recommended to be drank frozen cold, else you can taste how bad it really is. Now, I'm not here to change anyone's habits or preferences, just correcting on the "It is mandatory rule for espresso making." myth. If you need your coffee as hot as possible, then yes, preheating cups is needed.

Thanks but that's not the point I'm making.

Thanks but that's not the point I'm making.
    Coffee is brewed in the machine, once it's out, it's done.

Advertisement