Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tightliner?

Options
  • 30-12-2019 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

Watched a few very good tutorials on YouTube today about tightlining - eyeliner under the upper lashes.

I haven't used a pencil liner for years, probably 20 years ago! If I'm going to a function I get my makeup done professionally. I want to practise doing my own, for nights out etc. Can anyone here recommend a good waterproof pencil for doing this?

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Yves Saint Laurent Dessin regard waterproof eyeliner is really good but if youre just looking for something cheap to practice with, essence, Catrice and Rimmel eyeliners are brilliant, I actually prefer them to some much more expensive brands.
    I also find black eyeshaddow to be much better and longer lasting than eyeliner, I put some on a thin brush and run it under my lashes or smudge it into my lashes.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

+1 for eyeshadow, I have never found an eyeliner that doesn't smudge on my bottom lashes so eyeshadow has been the answer. I use an angled brush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Miss Elizabeth

Yves Saint Laurent Dessin regard waterproof eyeliner is really good but if youre just looking for something cheap to practice with, essence, Catrice and Rimmel eyeliners are brilliant, I actually prefer them to some much more expensive brands.

I can't justify spending money on eyeliner. I've bought more expensive ones before and I cant see the difference. I really like essence eyeliner too op. I just use the standard pencil ones not the twisty ones. I buy new ones often because even with a good sharpener you can never achieve the pared tip as it is when new.
    I also find black eyeshaddow to be much better and longer lasting than eyeliner, I put some on a thin brush and run it under my lashes or smudge it into my lashes.

I always thought tightlining was drawing on/very close to the lashes. That's what I do and only draw about a third of my outer eye but looking at a video there, they're saying it's on the upper waterline? I cant draw on the upper or lower (unless using gold, silver, white, cream) waterline because it always looks too harsh on me so theres that to consider too op but it can look really striking on others depending on your eyes.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I use brown eyeliner for my top waterline (Urban Decay 24-7 in Whiskey), doesn't smudge there, only on the bottom for me!

Advertisement