Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch repair at Weirs Dublin

Options
  • 29-12-2019 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I damaged my watch trying to put the time correct. I returned my watch to Weirs of Grafton street in October 2019. I was told they would call me in 2 weeks with a repair cost.
    I heard nothing from them and called them to find they could not take calls and to mail them which I did and got a reply to said they have not heard from Tag Heur in Germany.
    I wrote to Tag Heur Customer Service and have not received any replay to date.
    I am without my watch since last October.
    Has anyone else a similar experience or any advice as to what to do Now December 29th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,272 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

larry2020 wrote: »
    I damaged my watch trying to put the time correct. I returned my watch to Weirs of Grafton street in October 2019. I was told they would call me in 2 weeks with a repair cost.
    I heard nothing from them and called them to find they could not take calls and to mail them which I did and got a reply to said they have not heard from Tag Heur in Germany.
    I wrote to Tag Heur Customer Service and have not received any replay to date.
    I am without my watch since last October.
    Has anyone else a similar experience or any advice as to what to do Now December 29th

I’m not surprised by this.

I have a Tag for 20 years and have broken the crown/winder twice trying to force it out when the time changes.

First time it went back to Tag, I contacted them myself, they sent me a box and courier bag, what a disaster, it took 3 months and lots of phone calls to get it back, and it cost a fortune. The second time, I sent it to Emily Nerney, she did it in a week for less that half what Tag charged. I just had a quick look, her website isn’t up anymore but she is on LinkedIn.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

there is a watch forum that might be of interest
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1175

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

It's not really weirs fault as they depend on Tag's lead times. And Tag is normally a lot quicker than omega or rolex for servicing and repairs. IWC is the quickest of the lot.
    A few months wait would be normal and maybe weird should have set that expectation with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

Last time I got my tag serviced it was sent to their service centre in Manchester and took only 3 or 4 weeks. Doesn’t sound right it would take so long....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

I damaged my watchh

What type of watch?

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 larry2020

Thanks guys.
    My watch is a tag heur acquaracer
    I’m not sure where to go to force weirs to give me my watch back.
    Maybe if I got a contact name for the company - does anyone have a contact name there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Thanks guys.
    My watch is a tag heur acquaracer
    I’m not sure where to go to force weirs to give me my watch back.
    Maybe if I got a contact name for the company - does anyone have a contact name there?

Your watch is getting warranty repaired by tag having been sent to them by weirs. If you no longer want the watch repaired then go in to weirs and ask them to ask tag to return your watch. Only deal with weirs.

My watch is not under guarantee
    I think weirs customer service stinks
    People should be aware of this
    I want my watch back
    Maybe I should send a solicitors letter ?

Ok folks
    Thanks for all the comments and advice.
    I will go to Weirs during the week.
    Stand by for my report
    Larry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭deandean

I'd not use Weir's again after they made a mess of a service on my Tag watch: after the service the hands weren't together at 12o'c, and the date rolled over at 11:30!

I now DIY service my watch. Here's a link to a recent write-up I did if you're interested:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=97904834

• Advertisement

Hi folks
    I decided not to visit Weirs in grafton street.
    A friend of mine gave me the name of one of their directors Christopher Andrews.
    I emails him yesterday and lo and behold I got a call today from their service manager.
    He apologized for all the problems in their systems an said my watch was in Tag Manchester.
    He said the cost would be 460 euros to repair my watch and after a bit of bargaining we agreed on 380 euros and return to me in 4 weeks.
    I accepted this and now hope for the best.
    Thanks again for the comments and advice.

Well here I am waiting in anticipation of getting my watch back from
    Weirs.
    It’s supposed to be returned repaired at end of February at cost of 390 e.
    I left in last October.
    Here’s hoping

Here is my end of story.
    I got an email from Weirs on Monday and went to collect my watch yesterday.
    I have to say that it looked magnificent. Completely cleaned and serviced.
    Tag returned all the bits they replaced including the crown that I pulled out.
    I paid the reduced repair charge of 380 euros.

My advice is to bypass weirs for watch repairs - except for battery replacement which they are allowed to do - and go direct to Tag Heur in Manchester
    Time taken for my watch - 4 months.

Advertisement