Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PVR for town cable signal.

Options
  • 29-12-2019 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

My parents have moved to a new house with "pipe TV". This isn't from sky/virgin but from a local supplier in a regional town. It has a 7 day epg etc and the coax goes directly to the DVB tuner on their TVs. Supplier is closed until New year so thought I'd ask on here for some advice

They want to be able to record stuff and play it back. One tv has an in built PVR that can record onto a USB stick but the stuff and only be played back on that particular TV and it seems a bit flakey. They have a freeview humax PVR from their old house but this doesn't seem compatible with whatever the encoding is on this cable feed.

Anyone know a PVR I could get for them to record this signal?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

OP it would be helpful if you could state the provider and the town. If it is Crossans in Longford or Smyths in Cavan then any Saorview compatible equipment will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

It's Smyth's in Cavan. That's really useful, thanks for that.

Can anyone recommend a decent saorview recording box then? One where the user interface isn't sluggish and is intuitative to use.

I presume the saorview compatible box would be able to record BBC etc also?

Advertisement