Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating using bottled gas vs other forms of heating

Options
  • 27-12-2019 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭

Prompted by another thread here relating to a Super Ser heater ... does anyone know the approx cost of a kWhr of heat delivered by a bottled gas supplied Super Ser ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

I remember looking up calorific values of various fuels years ago, and I've a figure in my head that a 11.3kg bottle of gas was roughly equivalent to 150kwh, thereby making it slightly higher in price compared to electricity depending on where you buy your refill etc

Of course that isn't taking the appliance (Superser in this case) into account, or what fuel efficiency it's running at, but it might give you somewhere to start

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭John.G

0lddog wrote: »
    Prompted by another thread here relating to a Super Ser heater ... does anyone know the approx cost of a kWhr of heat delivered by a bottled gas supplied Super Ser ?

SEAI energy comparison costs (July 2019) show 20.41 c/kwh as the delivered cost of a 11.35 kg cylinder which would ~ = 21.95 c/kwh based on the superser being 100% efficient based on the net heating value of the gas.

Advertisement