Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accessories for Telescope

Options
  • 26-12-2019 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi

So I am new to astronomy...

I have a Celestron AstroMaster 130EQ Reflector Telescope and I recently bought a Celestron 1.25 Inch Universal Barlow and T-Adaptor...

What other accessories would you recommend I get?

I was considering getting some eyepiece filters and lenses..

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

I think the 130EQ comes with a 20mm and a 10mm eyepiece. If it's just the 20, then get a 10mm too.

Get a Barlow (a decent one), and a collimator. You should be able to pick up both cheaply on Amazon. My 130 was way out of kilter until I collimated it, the difference to the image quality was stunning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Gympodie wrote: »
    Hi

So I am new to astronomy...

I have a Celestron AstroMaster 130EQ Reflector Telescope and I recently bought a Celestron 1.25 Inch Universal Barlow and T-Adaptor...

What other accessories would you recommend I get?

I was considering getting some eyepiece filters and lenses..

Thanks for your help.

Welcome.

I think I have one of those Celestron box with the eye pieces and all the other bits.
    I fi can find it and you live near Dublin, i will give you free of charge.
    But, friendly advice, is not the best around.

I spent twice the amount for the scope on the accessories.

Enjoy it.

Advertisement