Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which is your favorite 'A Christmas Carol' film?

Options
  • 25-12-2019 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,669 ✭✭✭

I love the 1984 one with George C. Scott.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

What's your favorite 'A Christmas Carol' film? 8 votes

1951 version
    75% 6 votes
    1984 version
    12% 1 vote
    1999 version
    12% 1 vote
    Other - please comment
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Worztron wrote: »
    I love the 1984 one with George C. Scott.

I watched that one yesterday and really enjoyed it, especially once the Ghost of Christmas Future got involved.

"Scrooged" with Bill Murray was on yesterday as well and it was hideous, but I think that was the effect they were hoping for. It was certainly an interesting modern take on the classic.

No discussion on this is complete without the Muppets version.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,044 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Other - not sure if it's even allowed - but I always enjoyed Blackadder's Christmas Carol for the pisstake of it all.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Muppet Christmas Carol.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Jim Carrey 2009 is mine, and my favourite Christmas film too.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,152 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

splinter65 wrote: »
    Jim Carrey 2009 is mine, and my favourite Christmas film too.

Same

• Advertisement
Advertisement