Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Thank you! Merry Christmas and happy New Year!

Options
  • 23-12-2019 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,467 ✭✭✭✭

Just a small post to acknowledge this little corner of Boards and those that most frequently visit it.

From the open and knowledgeable regular contributors, to the noob no nothings fascinated by both the knowledge so readily shared without condescension and the breadth of it amongst our contributers.

Thank you!
    Thank you all :D

The post a pic thread, the random thread and indeed the great big watch giveaway and so many other threads have seen the users here share more than just knowledge but also share some lovely timepieces.

This particular corner of Boards has led me to spending more than I'd ever considered on watches, and indeed more than just having 1 sport and 1 dress, now I have 5 and am happy with each and every one of them even if 1 has cost more than my 1st car and insurance ;)

Be it "Man" jewellery or a mid-life crisis it's less likely to kill me than a bike and less embarrassing than lycra :pac'

So given the time of year...
    Merry Christmas, happy Chanukah, blessings to your particular chosen deity...
    And Happy New Year along with wondrous watch wearing for the year to come :D

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

banie01 wrote: »
    less embarrassing than lycra :pac:

hold_my_beer.jpg

LIP-t1.jpg

:D

And a Happy Christmas and New Year to you too B. And all you other bloody weirdos. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Ye're a good bunch mostly (bar Mc M-Anus in his many reiterations).

Keep on ticking!

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Happy Christmas everyone and all the best for the new year :)

1EgGCIA.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,467 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Actually speaking of Happy Christmas's and the like...
    The post man has just been and dropped this off for me :D
    Not tegimented, but still bloody lovely...

498307.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

Take a few more pics of that out of the box will ya:)

Whats in the bottle, thread lock or lube?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,467 ✭✭✭✭banie01

funkyouup wrote: »
    Take a few more pics of that out of the box will ya:)

Whats in the bottle, thread lock or lube?

I'll throw some pics of the whole package up on the photo thread over Xmas.
    Decided I really did want a bracelet for the U2 and am already delighted with it even tho it's been nowhere the watch yet.

The bottle is glue, have to take a look at the fitting instructions to see what it's used for tho!
    Glue with a steel bracelet is a whole new world to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Decided I really did want a bracelet for the U2 and am already delighted with it even tho it's been nowhere the watch yet.

The bottle is glue, have to take a look at the fitting instructions to see what it's used for tho!

It's for the threads of the screws that hold the links together.

The screws can be an absolute bitch to get out depending on how generous they were with that poxy blue threadlock.

I needed to soak my bracelet in near boiling water to be able to budge a couple of the screws

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

Yea its worth googling how to use it if you havent before. Never used on a watch but using to much of it or applying the wrong way can be a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Happy Christmas everyone, and thanks for teaching me so much about horticulture horoscopes horror-logy watches.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

Would like to thank this post too.. very helpful folk on here.
    Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭hoganj

Happy Christmas/holidays to everyone on here. So glad this board exists with three vast array of knowledge. :)

Advertisement