Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JJ darboven beans

Options
  • 20-12-2019 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Has anyone used these beans at home??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

Yeah I had the Cafe Intencion and it was a pretty good everyday coffee that myself and my wife both enjoyed. Usually I'd prefer light-medium roast African coffee (Yirga, Rwanda etc) and she likes dark roast south american stuff, it was nice enough for us both to enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Paddy223

I was recommended to try the No.1 beans but have a bit of bother dialing them in on Barista express..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

We get these beans in work and use them in a bean to cup. Personally, I wouldn't rate them at all and that's an opinion shared among most of my work colleagues (most of whom grab a coffee from one of the local coffee shops instead). IIRC, they're roasted abroad (Netherlands?) and shipped over in large quantities with no roast dates, so they're pretty much your bog-standard mass-produced dark roast bean. You can get a kg of freshly roasted beans from the likes of Ponaire shipped to your door for around €24, so just seems like a better bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Paddy223

Interesting opinion. One of the cafes near me have them and most people believe it's the best coffee that can be got in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭alec76

Paddy223 wrote: »
    Interesting opinion. One of the cafes near me have them and most people believe it's the best coffee that can be got in town.

Vast majority people would add milk ,some sweetener etc. to coffee. They wouldn’t know difference between dog piss and good coffee. Most of people only use coffee to wake up/ or stay awake , same as energy drink.
    I wouldn’t trust anyone who getting their coffee in Costa for instance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Paddy223 wrote: »
    Which town? Dun Laoghaire (where they have their shop)? And who are the 'most people'? Most people have never heard of JJ Darboven. They're another multi-brand generic mass-producer. But if you like them - fantastic. Just be aware that there are cheaper options that can supply freshly-locally roasted beans.

Advertisement