Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil feed leak

Options
  • 19-12-2019 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi folks,

I seem to have a small leak at my oil feed pipe.. I am not sure which fitting it is.. A picture has been attached.. Would this leak suck air into my heating system? Is this something that urgently needs fixed?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Merry Christmas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭dathi

https://www.fueltankshop.co.uk/ultra-compact-oil-tank-filter-kit/p5322

it should have been done with something like this

• Registered Users Posts: 18,479 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

The pressure of oil in the tank should prevent it taking in any air.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

How much is it leaking? I would get it fixed sooner rather than later as the leak will contaminate the soil there. Remediating contaminated soil can be an expensive business.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 L4yercak3

Thanks guys...

Would pressure in an oil tank impact on pressure in central heating? I have a re-occurring air lock in a gravity fed open system... Seems to happen when heating turns off and when it comes back on the air lock is present again, only happening in one radiator.. Iv had leak finders out and according to them i don't have a leak in the system.. I was wondering was the oil feed causing it?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

The 2 things are unconnected. That tank valve type is often used successfuly and the leak is from the compression joint on bottom if valve. This is often caused by lifting rear of the tank.

If you don't have a leak then other problem might be a damaged or wrong pressure in an expansion tank.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 L4yercak3

Thanks guys,

I have not titled tank.. Previous owners probably did... :s...

So expansion tank pressure is an area to look at.. Thank you ill do some investigations...the air lock seems to spread through system if i leave it for a while but always starts in same radiator.. Dunno if this helps..

Advertisement