Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sage Barista Express Coffee machine

Options
  • 18-12-2019 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

In regards to the Sage Barista Express. I was trying it out today and following the instructions I switched my grind to 8 and my dose to medium. My shot wasn't great though and the creme went quick. Anyone know how to correct this? I'm also getting a wee bit of wastage too..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Paddy223 wrote: »
    In regards to the Sage Barista Express. I was trying it out today and following the instructions I switched my grind to 8 and my dose to medium. My shot wasn't great though and the creme went quick. Anyone know how to correct this? I'm also getting a wee bit of wastage too..

How old are your beans? Ideally you want them to be at most 2-3 weeks after roast date (not use by).

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Paddy223

Have fresh ones ordered was just using supermarket ones to test it out. Although I think the settings of the machine are having some influence because the shot is a bit slow to pour and not pouring as smooth as would like aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Paddy223 wrote: »
    Have fresh ones ordered was just using supermarket ones to test it out. Although I think the settings of the machine are having some influence because the shot is a bit slow to pour and not pouring as smooth as would like aswell

Fresh beans will help you a long way, but another tip would be to stir the grounds a bit with a toothpick or something small, try break up any clumps. You them just need to make sure you're getting a level tamp.

Once you get your fresh beans (supermarket ones are a bit hard to judge) and you have a level tamp and no clumps in your grinds, you can use the grinder settings to control how fast/slow your shot pulls.

Ideally you want around a 1:2 ratio of ground weight to end coffee weight, in around 20-30 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭alec76

Advertisement