Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Reservoir Dog Sportive 2020

Options
  • 18-12-2019 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi Folks, We are getting the ball rolling early this year for the launch of the Reservor Dog Sportive. It takes place on 20th September 2020 from Russborough House Blessington. We are sticking with the same tough but rewarding 125km Dog Route as last year. For 2020 we will have a refresh of the Pup 65km Pup route with a new climb or two along the way while keeping it equally as challenging as before.

As with last year, entry to the event is online only through Eventmaster. We are keeping the entry fee at the same great value as last year. Online entries open to the cycling public at 4pm on Friday 20th Dec. By that stage our website will be fully updated with details and the entry link. We have a very loyal following and it is fantastic to see so many of our 'regulars' turn out to ride the Reservoir Dog every year.

https://www.facebook.com/events/498462320771297/

Make sure to nab your online entry after Friday if you would like to find out why the Reservoir Dog Sportive was voted best Leisure Event of 2019 at the Cycling Ireland member awards last month. Thanks again to all of you that voted for us as best event. We are working away already to make the Reservoir Dog 2020 the best yet.:)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Friday right before Christmas. As much as I want to do it that's Tough sell imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Corker1

Weepsie wrote: »
    Friday right before Christmas. As much as I want to do it that's Tough sell imo.

Sorry if it seems like that. We had planned to launch a few weeks back but had some delays getting things set up. I imagine there will still be plenty of places left in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,290 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Pretty much all that's stopping me signing up for the early entry. Although tempted to get the missus to pay for it as my christmas present and then I have the perfect excuse for a pass for the day! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭ofthelord

signed up for this today - now to spend the next 9 months getting in as much time in the hills as possible in preparation

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Corker1

We are saddened to announce that we have made the difficult decision to cancel the 2020 edition of the Reservoir Dog Sportive. In light of the ongoing risk and uncertainty arising from Covid-19 we feel that this is the right and responsible call to make.
    We were looking forward to putting on a fantastic Sportive this year and are disappointed that we can’t do that safely. Anyone who has already signed up online will get a refund in the near future. Our event partners Eventmaster will be in touch. Thank you for your support.
    We hope that you will join us on the Reservoir Dog in September 2021. In the meantime stay fit, safe and well. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Reservoir Dog Sportive Committee.

• Advertisement
Advertisement