Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

New unknown contact in WhatsApp

• 18-12-2019 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,108 ✭✭✭✭ Purple Mountain

I see today that there is a new contact in my WhatsApp contacts called George. Underneath his name is the description Viber? And the emoji of a face with the man with the eye magnifying glass.
    I didn't add anyone called George and never saw this before.
    I don't know if I got any WhatsApp updates lately.
    Is it a virus?

To thine own self be true

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,108 ✭✭✭✭ Purple Mountain

Bump

• Site Banned Posts: 11 defomcbigno

Have you had any more issues?

No

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators Posts: 81,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭ biko

Maybe a friend put it there.
    It wouldn't have appeared without a person adding it into your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭ dubrov

You probably added it to your contacts ages ago and they only installed WhatsApp recently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭ Pauliedragon

Have you had any big sessions recently? I've often woken up with new no's with no clue who they are.

Have you had any big sessions recently? I've often woken up with new no's with no clue who they are.

I don't do sessions :)

It must be just some business number I added recently and like was said they joined WhatsApp recently.
    It just freaked me out because the profile picture is a stock one of a man with 2 guns.
    It looks very fake. Thought it might be a virus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭ NewMan1982

I heard once you attend the George pub regularly it automatically enters their number in your phone book.

On a serious note, maybe it’s an old number of a friend and the number has now been assigned to someone else?

Do you think I should ring George??
    Maybe he could be the love of my life.
    Guns and all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,140 ✭✭✭✭ is_that_so

It must be just some business number I added recently and like was said they joined WhatsApp recently.
    It just freaked me out because the profile picture is a stock one of a man with 2 guns.
    It looks very fake. Thought it might be a virus.
    Yeah I have a few who are in my contacts but show up too in WhatsApp. Go look at your contacts.

Advertisement