Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digitising a White background on a photo?

Options
  • 18-12-2019 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows of a free app that litterly renders the background , other than a certain object in the photo, white.
    I'm looking to sell things on my website, and similar to the photos you'd see on the likes of ebay or Amazon where it just shows the item on a white background, and thats it.

I know you can pay for similar software but are there any good free ones available,
    Cheers
    Rich

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

At a push, you can do this in MS Paint. Any higher spec image editing software will usually include a trace or "lasso" tool that allows you to draw a tight line around the subject of your image, and then delete the background to leave a white canvas.

Alternatively, if you're taking the photos yourself, set up a mini-studio with a white background (and white pedastal if necessary) and you shouldn't need to do any editing other than maybe upping the exposure a bit to make the background whiter.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 120Filmshooter

Wouldn't it be easier and quicker to simply take pictures of the object against a white background. If you have the means over expose the backdrop a stop or two and bingo. You may even get by with some desk lamps and adjust the WB accordingly.

Advertisement