Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine Broadband in Clane?

Options
  • 18-12-2019 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello,
    Does anybody in Clane (Co.Kildare) have Imagine Broadband. We're thinking of moving away from current provider (Vodafone) as we've had problems with them from the start. We're in a housing estate and there are the other usual providers around (EIR, SKY etc..) but looking online at the various reviews doesn't inspire much confidence (they all seem to have around 5% approval ratings). We do have gamers in the house and I need a good signal for work.
    I would appreciate any feedback as we're getting closer to a date to where we have to make a decision on who to go with.
    Thanks,
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Dero

I've been with Imagine for just over three years (albeit South Kildare, not Clane) and my advise is to stay well away if you have any sort of reasonable alternative.

Imagine are for people with no other option, and even then I sometimes wonder if it's worth it.

As regards gaming, I find that once the contention issues kick in (every evening), the latency goes to pot. My wife's laptop started downloading an update last night and the latency was spiking >10s. Needless to say that killed everything else on the network (DNS timeouts -- no DNS, no Internet).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Mr E_man wrote: »
    Hello,
    Does anybody in Clane (Co.Kildare) have Imagine Broadband. We're thinking of moving away from current provider (Vodafone) as we've had problems with them from the start. We're in a housing estate and there are the other usual providers around (EIR, SKY etc..) but looking online at the various reviews doesn't inspire much confidence (they all seem to have around 5% approval ratings). We do have gamers in the house and I need a good signal for work.
    I would appreciate any feedback as we're getting closer to a date to where we have to make a decision on who to go with.
    Thanks,

I presume your on fibre to the cabinet? You would be insane to move from something as reliable as that to a unstable and unreliable service such as Imagine. Your asking yourself for a world of problems such as bad pings, unusable speeds in the evenings and possibly drop outs. I'd stay well clear of Imagine. Imagine are a wireless service for customers who have no other choice in remote areas. You'd be lucky to get over 10 megs in the evenings with them on a good day. Many only get 1 or 2 megs with them in the evenings.

If your unhappy with Vodafone, sign up to Airwire or Eir, both are unlimited usage and you would have decent pings with both.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mr E_man

Folks,
    Thanks for the feedback, it looks like Imagine is not for us. We will probably stay with Vodafone (better the devil you know sort of thing).

Advertisement