Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Your Experience as a Main Bank

Options
  • 17-12-2019 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

I just searched Revolut for an open thread, 2 of them are closed (why?) and 2 are in areas way off-course for my question. So make another thread? :confused:

I was just going to ask, do we have an ongoing list of shops/companies that don't accept Revolut?

I'm curious about usage day-to-day as a main bank account.

These apps are constantly updated and from a little research and some experience, I can see some nice feature upgrades every few months, meaning that these apps can be very different to 6 months ago or older. Some businesses told me "Revolut doesn't accept direct debits" which told me it was old news. They do indeed now.

Companies that refused Revolut for me:

Netflix
    Energie Fitness
    PlayStation Network
    Littlewoods Ireland (accepted, then refunded immediately and told me no)
    GoMo
    *more I'll think of when I'm trying to go asleep
    Post edited by Jim2007 on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭dubrov

Revolut (i.e. Mastercard/Visa) works with all of those.
    There must be something else going on.

Are you trying to buy Netflix for another region for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I've an Amazon prime annual payment since last May with a Revolut mastercard and my daughter has her Netflix with revolut also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Elysium1 wrote: »

Netflix
    PlayStation Network

i use Revolut for both of these,

infact i get Netflix cheaper paying in Turkish Lira via Revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 21,506 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

dont use DD, use the card, and it's accepted anywhere visa is accepted

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

I just searched Revolut for an open thread, 2 of them are closed (why?) and 2 are in areas way off-course for my question. So make another thread? :confused:

I was just going to ask, do we have an ongoing list of shops/companies that don't accept Revolut?

I'm curious about usage day-to-day as a main bank account.

These apps are constantly updated and from a little research and some experience, I can see some nice feature upgrades every few months, meaning that these apps can be very different to 6 months ago or older. Some businesses told me "Revolut doesn't accept direct debits" which told me it was old news. They do indeed now.

Netflix
    Energie Fitness
    PlayStation Network
    Littlewoods Ireland (accepted, then refunded immediately and told me no)
    GoMo
    *more I'll think of when I'm trying to go asleep

Netflix and GoMo work fine for me. Direct debits with both on my Revolut card.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Elysium1

So after seeing a few replies I got onto Revolut support, again. The guy insisted that my card is working fine despite their seeing a few rejected purchases and direct debits! :pac: I was polite and patient I didn't give them hell.

He then went on to tell me that yes, some companies, and especially Netflix do fail cards based on random security checks and I was clearly one of them, and there's nothing Revolut can (or will) do about it. Why would I fail a security check? It's clearly them. Two companies told me that because Revolut is based in one country and I'm in another, it's a fail with them (which sounds like IBAN discrimination). These aren't my problems though, they're Revolut's. He suggested getting a virtual card instead. My new *bank* telling me that the card I paid for won't work!. That's a load of boll*x and crappy service. ;):D

Anyone else get that nonesense? I'm keen to see how much of this is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭KBurke85

So after seeing a few replies I got onto Revolut support, again. The guy insisted that my card is working fine despite their seeing a few rejected purchases and direct debits! :pac: I was polite and patient I didn't give them hell.

He then went on to tell me that yes, some companies, and especially Netflix do fail cards based on random security checks and I was clearly one of them, and there's nothing Revolut can (or will) do about it. Why would I fail a security check? It's clearly them. Two companies told me that because Revolut is based in one country and I'm in another, it's a fail with them (which sounds like IBAN discrimination). These aren't my problems though, they're Revolut's. He suggested getting a virtual card instead. My new *bank* telling me that the card I paid for won't work!. That's a load of boll*x and crappy service. ;):D

Anyone else get that nonesense? I'm keen to see how much of this is going on.

Your card is working but have you got money in your Revolut Account?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭macchoille

Make sure your billing address with Netflix/PSN exactly matches your address with Revolut. Revolut seem to be a bit stricter with this than other card providers

adox wrote: »
    Netflix and GoMo work fine for me. Direct debits with both on my Revolut card.

GoMo wouldn’t work for me either. I think at the time someone said that the Visa ones were the only ones that would work.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

GoMo wouldn’t work for me either. I think at the time someone said that the Visa ones were the only ones that would work.

Yeah mines a Visa. I signed up quite early as well. I think they may have been accepted initially and then werent later on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

Did you have money in your account at the time.

They do a check to see if there is money in the account. i.e they test the account .
    If there is zero in the account at the time they test it or less than the amount they tried to take it will cancel the transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

Both GoMo [Physical Visa] and Netflix [Virtual Visa] working for me on Revolut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Elysium1

I did have money in my Revolut account for every attempt, yes. I was putting my income into that account so plenty of money for a few subscriptions or direct debits.

If you take a look at what the 'customer service' guy at Revolut said: that their cards fail security checks with some companies (he mentioned the fact that it's a multi-currency account that can be part of it) and there's nothing they can do about it. He also mentioned that they have a lot of issues with Netflix.

Probably all the information needed is in that line. (Revolut do have issues, if it happens to you, they don't care, bye. Also, I think I'm the only person on Boards I've seen saying they can't pay Netflix with Revolut, but Revolut is well aware of others who can't pay either, and relations between the two companies are bad).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭horse7

my ebs card wont work with revolut.Each says the other is a problem

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Please post on the main Revolut thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement