Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best water filter system for private well

Options
  • 17-12-2019 5:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭

Hi, it was recommended to me to ask this on boards.

Our house has a water filter in place, 9 years now eating through the salt fairly quickly. There is high iron in the area so the water in bath and tap is coming through fairly brown. We have a filter in the kitchen for drinking water with a separate filter that does the trick mostly but occasionally spits air and brown water will come through once in a while despite being fitted with a newer filter . Water has been tested in the labs and nothing nefarious came up so all good on that score. My wife won't drink the water or use it for cooking due to the colouring, she doesn't trust it, and she won't let our child bathe in the brown tub water so it's showers only. In fairness our child is scared of the look of the water anyway. I'd like to get this sorted out. Worried about buildup in the pipes too, would they need to be replaced if we were to get a new system ? I am thinking our water system needs a complete overhaul. Can anyone recommend theirs to me, a company or experience, what to avoid, etc ?

Advertisement