Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

LUAS Taxsaver

• 15-12-2019 8:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,837 ✭✭✭✭ Gael23

Most of the calculators are based on the assumption that USC is paid at 4%. I have a medical card so I only pay 2%.
    Would that make much difference to the ticket cost?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭ maki

You can do the calculation yourself. You subtract the total tax percentage (PRSI + PAYE + USC) from the ticket price. So for you that might be 4% + 40% + 2% = 46% discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,837 ✭✭✭✭ Gael23

Is it better to go for the monthly or annual ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭ piplip87

Gael23 wrote: »

Di you see yourself staying in the job for the year ? If yes then the annual is better. If not then go for the monthly. Transdev don't do refunds

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭ maki

Gael23 wrote: »

Annual gets you two months free so is generally better, but there is a fee if you cancel your ticket during the 12 months (Transdev run their own Taxsaver policy so as above a refund might not be possible).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,837 ✭✭✭✭ Gael23

piplip87 wrote: »
    Di you see yourself staying in the job for the year ? If yes then the annual is better. If not then go for the monthly. Transdev don't do refunds

Yes I will be but can’t say for sure I’ll be living in the same location for a year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement