Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duplexes and Triplexes in Ireland?

Options
  • 14-12-2019 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭

Do proper duplexes and triplexes exist in Ireland? As in you get 2/3 units, not bedrooms :p. I often watch American real estate YouTubers and they buy these live in 1, rent out the other two and essentially live for free?

Any examples of these on Daft/MyHome as I can't for love nor money find any. I actually found one listed as a 'Duplex' in my estate, but it's a 2 bed apartment. :eek:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Plenty of duplexes, most sold as individual units.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Do proper duplexes and triplexes exist in Ireland? As in you get 2/3 units, not bedrooms :p. I often watch American real estate YouTubers and they buy these live in 1, rent out the other two and essentially live for free?

Any examples of these on Daft/MyHome as I can't for love nor money find any. I actually found one listed as a 'Duplex' in my estate, but it's a 2 bed apartment. :eek:

Thousands.
    Look at 3 storey period properties. 2 stories over basements.

New builds it’s just duplex units as individual units.

I don’t think there’s a market for the types of property you have described.

Advertisement