Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moved Gas Boiler - Room Colder

Options
  • 14-12-2019 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

Hi

I had a gas boiler inside a bedroom.. This was mounted on a gable end wall - no insulation. Boiler was move into attic but still on the same gable end. Since then the room is not heating up. Rad is hot and bled.

The insulation in attic was not put back so I rolled it back. i put it back leaving it fluffy and not pressed down. All holes going to outside for where boiler originally was are all cemented up. There are a handful of holes wholes in ceiling in attic about inch wide some of which have pipes going through them. I can feel insulation above them with my finger. I will put filler in these holes but I doubt this is my problem still?

The boiler is modern one and I dont think gives off much heat? I have a slight feeling the boiler temperature display is not moving up as quick as it used too. Takes least 30 mins to get to over 70 degrees. But im not entirely sure. The rads are still warm and so are the other rooms. I think i do feel a slight draft where boiler was but using my hand against wall or ceiling i cant locate exactly where draft is coming from.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,943 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Old boiler might have given off a little heat but the pipes going into & out of the boiler would have given out more heat. I'm assuming these pipes are no longer in this room. I would think removing the boiler & pipes has remover a fair size heat source.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭allycavs

ok thanks for reply. ya the pipes have been moved too but some remain. guess it makes sense in the end

Advertisement