Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satellite receiver (FTA), DTT & IPTV Combo?

Options
  • 10-12-2019 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Hi
    Just wondering if anybody knows if its possible to get a combo receiver that can do satellite, Saorview (DTT) and IPTV as well? I have a satellite & DTT combo which works well, but i have an android box as a separate input to the telly. was thinking of getting my parents a combo box and was wondering if its possible to get an all in one?
    Did a bit of googling but couldnt see anything.

Thanks
    KK

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

krazyklown wrote: »
    Hi
    Just wondering if anybody knows if its possible to get a combo receiver that can do satellite, Saorview (DTT) and IPTV as well? I have a satellite & DTT combo which works well, but i have an android box as a separate input to the telly. was thinking of getting my parents a combo box and was wondering if its possible to get an all in one?
    Did a bit of googling but couldnt see anything.

Thanks
    KK

Enigma 2 boxes should work

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭54and56

dulpit wrote: »
    Enigma 2 boxes should work

So any box with OpenVix should have the ability to stream an M3U playlist?

Like the OP I have a combo box which provides UK FTA and Saorview channels but I have a seperate Android box for an IPTV service. Removing the requirement to switch between the two and just having all TV channels available via the combo box would streamline things very nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭NewClareman

54and56 wrote: »
    So any box with OpenVix should have the ability to stream an M3U playlist?

Like the OP I have a combo box which provides UK FTA and Saorview channels but I have a seperate Android box for an IPTV service. Removing the requirement to switch between the two and just having all TV channels available via the combo box would streamline things very nicely.

The TiviarAlpha+ can, so any more recent hardware should be able to too. The Alpha+ is not powerful enough for Kodi, but more recent hardware supports Kodi hardware decoding.
    You can also include M3U playlists in channel lists and EPG, if you’re willing to put the effort into setting it up.

I only played with the above briefly, so not my area of expertise. I’m sure others will provide more technical details. 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭54and56

The TiviarAlpha+ can, so any more recent hardware should be able to too. The Alpha+ is not powerful enough for Kodi, but more recent hardware supports Kodi hardware decoding.
    You can also include M3U playlists in channel lists and EPG, if you’re willing to put the effort into setting it up.

I only played with the above briefly, so not my area of expertise. I’m sure others will provide more technical details. 🙂

My Mutant HD2400 is a 4 year old quad tuner combo box (http://mutant-digital.net/?page_id=1134) connected to 200mb Virgin Media fibre internet via Ethernet. Would that be a good enough spec to handle IPTV?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭dubrov

Yes.

Download the plugin called e2m3u2bouquet.
    This will generate bouquets based on the groupings supplied by your IPTV provider.
    It seamlessly integrates with your Saorview/Satellite channels.

• Advertisement
Advertisement