Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chimnet draught with stove

Options
  • 10-12-2019 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭

Hope this is the right forum for this. We have a stove sitting in the fireplace in our sitting room. This came with the house and we did not install it.

If we have not lit a fire in the stove there is a terrible draught and it means that the sitting room is too cold in the winter unless we have lit a fire. I can see chimney draught solutions online but they all seem to be for open fires. Is there anything we can do for a draught where there is a stove installed in the fireplace? The stove does not take the full space of the fireplace to there is obviously plenty of opportunities for draughts. Any recommendations welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭bfclancy

Woshy wrote: »
    Hope this is the right forum for this. We have a stove sitting in the fireplace in our sitting room. This came with the house and we did not install it.

If we have not lit a fire in the stove there is a terrible draught and it means that the sitting room is too cold in the winter unless we have lit a fire. I can see chimney draught solutions online but they all seem to be for open fires. Is there anything we can do for a draught where there is a stove installed in the fireplace? The stove does not take the full space of the fireplace to there is obviously plenty of opportunities for draughts. Any recommendations welcome.

Size of the stove in the ope doesn't matter it's the connection between the stove and the chimney flue that has the potential for draughts. Check how the stove is connected to actual chimney flue. Should be an adapter that fits the chimney flue at one end and the stove flue at the other

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Thanks. I'll get himself to have a look later.

What I really want is to call someone who will come out and I can throw money at the problem and get it fixed! I don't know who does that kind of thing though? It's not a plumber I guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭bfclancy

Woshy wrote: »
    Thanks. I'll get himself to have a look later.

What I really want is to call someone who will come out and I can throw money at the problem and get it fixed! I don't know who does that kind of thing though? It's not a plumber I guess?

Yeah throw money at them that's a good idea 😢. Stove fitter if there's an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Great, thanks. We've so much to do in the house and it's on a long list but has become more of a priority given we can't sit in our sitting room at the moment!

Advertisement