Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 IWT Visa Struggles

Options
  • 10-12-2019 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all, think this might be worth a shot.

The long and short of it is, I have been in NYC on the grad visa since September. I'm over here with the IIIC Boston, and so far they've been great. The only problem is I'm fast approaching my 90 day deadline (a little less than a month off) and I may have a job, but there's a strong chance I won't get the approval for it, given it doesn't meet the minimum hours requirement. I've had a fair few interviews since I arrived, so it hasn't been a total failure - just nothing seems to have stuck yet.

Has anyone had any experience with overrunning the deadline to find work? If so, any insight or reassurance would be hugely appreciated. I'm not ready to go home just yet!

Advertisement