Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

WWE Future Endeavored Thread (Dec 2019 onwards edition)

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo


    sky88 wrote: »

    Will they have no-competes?


  • Registered Users Posts: 23,041 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston


    Adiboo wrote: »
    Will they have no-competes?

    Presumably. They're usually 90 days from what I remember.

    AEW should be all over Harper. He isn't a game-changer but God knows they need big guys and he's a good one.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne


    The Ascension released as well.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne


    J. Marston wrote: »
    Presumably. They're usually 90 days from what I remember.

    AEW should be all over Harper. He isn't a game-changer but God knows they need big guys and he's a good one.

    Chris Harrington, who helped do the AEW business plan and works in the business end for them, is Harper's real life best friend, so it's long been believed Harper knew he'd be going there and that's why he wanted a release.


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC


    Splitting this off. 4 people released so far and some talk of others, so might warrant it's own thread.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne


    Anyone else find it strange that they always list everyone's full name on releases, but they have not done so on Sin Cara's?

    It is even more strange because they have already moved the gimmick from Luis Urive, Mistico, to the current Sin Cara, Jorge Arias. Therefore if anything I think you'd be keener to make note of who you are actually releasing from the company.

    ELS3TJFX0AIPPVm?format=png&name=small


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7


    WWE are the big boys. I have no idea why they don't gut the roster and let people work in other places.

    If someone becomes a big deal they will always have the pull and money to bring them in.

    Rivals have a max number of spots on their shows and even less spots in the protected roles to see many grow into a big deal anyway.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne


    I agree. I would be letting go of a lot more people if I were them. Do they really need the Colons under contract? Alicia Fox?


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7


    Monokne wrote: »
    Anyone else find it strange that they always list everyone's full name on releases, but they have not done so on Sin Cara's?

    It is even more strange because they have already moved the gimmick from Luis Urive, Mistico, to the current Sin Cara, Jorge Arias. Therefore if anything I think you'd be keener to make note of who you are actually releasing from the company.

    ELS3TJFX0AIPPVm?format=png&name=small

    Could it be something to do with mexican masked wrestlers where their real identity is not spoken of?


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭Sirsok


    Just thought of the colons myself.

    However even though they have these guys, I assume they have a big role on the house circuit.

    If they utilised these guys a bit more though, they have such a vast array of characters and loads of time to have them showcased, not always in prime spots but just use all these characters

    I reckon Eric Young will be gone and show up back on impact, EC3 also.

    Kanellis and Maria will hardly be released when she expecting.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne


    Sirsok wrote: »
    Just thought of the colons myself.

    However even though they have these guys, I assume they have a big role on the house circuit.


    If they utilised these guys a bit more though, they have such a vast array of characters and loads of time to have them showcased, not always in prime spots but just use all these characters

    I reckon Eric Young will be gone and show up back on impact, EC3 also.

    Kanellis and Maria will hardly be released when she expecting.

    If you meant the Colons - they haven't wrestled for WWE in 10 months, house shows included.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee


    What are the chances of Tamina being let go? I understand she is cousin to The Rock, but she has not done anything in her 9 years on main roster (except token 24/7 reign).


  • Registered Users Posts: 39,289 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy


    What are the chances of Tamina being let go? I understand she is cousin to The Rock, but she has not done anything in her 9 years on main roster (except token 24/7 reign).

    Early on she did as I’m rewatching raw and smackdown on the wwe network and she was actually good in the ring in the early years but she’s had a load of injuries and that stops even the best.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Cotts72


    Think Maria signed a new deal but would imagine Mike kanellis is gone.

    The B-team are my pick


  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭LibSuperstar


    Cotts72 wrote:
    Think Maria signed a new deal but would imagine Mike Kanellis is gone.

    The B-team are my pick

    I can see them being gone especially B-Team since they haven't done anything in a while.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage


    Monokne wrote: »
    Anyone else find it strange that they always list everyone's full name on releases, but they have not done so on Sin Cara's?

    The Sin Cara character is being sent back to his home planet a-la Poochie from Itchy and Scratchy

    Hunico to come back in the rumble :pac:


  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral


    I think the Colons are there as a favour to Carlos Colon at this stage. They've also been wrestling in Puerto Rico and I wonder is their video library in McMahon's sights maybe?


  • Registered Users Posts: 39,289 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy


    Omackeral wrote: »
    I think the Colons are there as a favour to Carlos Colon at this stage. They've also been wrestling in Puerto Rico and I wonder is their video library in McMahon's sights maybe?

    The WWE bought the video library.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne


    Cotts72 wrote: »
    Think Maria signed a new deal but would imagine Mike kanellis is gone.

    The B-team are my pick

    Mike Kanellis signed a 5 year deal in July and asked to leave a couple months later but was turned down.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming


    I'd seriously doubt B Team will be going anywhere given they're both 3rd gen wrestlers and one of them's brother is the Universal Champion. Company men through and through.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,138 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus


    What did Kevin Nash say about Hulk Hogan joining the NWO: "that money train hasn't left the station too far... I can make it"

    So no wonder so many want out of WWE for, let's be honest, AEW. Sending out feelers before asking for your release. Lighter schedule, offer you good money and maybe become a bigger star rather than hit the glass ceiling.
    No one knows the future but what is certain is that AEW is hot right now. It hasn't failed instantly either. Who knows where it will be in three years.

    To again mention the NWO. Who thought in 1993 that in 3 years time it would be the start of another massive boom in wrestling and that WCW would be the ones on top. No one.
    But that said, WCW did have Ted Turner on board (ie, a Tony Khan) and they were doing so much to make waves. Just like AEW are.


  • Registered Users Posts: 60,007 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson


    Those who didn’t ask for their release are getting sacked for Christmas that’s a bit sh1tty on Vince’s part.


  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc


    Those who didn’t ask for their release are getting sacked for Christmas that’s a bit sh1tty on Vince’s part.

    In Vince's defense I don't think any of them had any upcoming weddings...


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne


    Those who didn’t ask for their release are getting sacked for Christmas that’s a bit sh1tty on Vince’s part.

    They are getting paid until March 8th, and to be fair, they have been paid for the last year and not had to work.


  • Registered Users Posts: 23,041 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston


    Monokne wrote: »
    They are getting paid until March 8th, and to be fair, they have been paid for the last year and not had to work.

    Yeah they get their wish of being released, 3 months pay and get to be with their families at Christmas. Could be worse.


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC




  • Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne


    His deal is up in February so I would take this to mean he's not re-signing.

    Jeff has close to a year left from what I've read.


Advertisement