Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VM HD carriage on Eir Vision

Options
  • 07-12-2019 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

Didn't see any announcements about it but just noticed during the week & again today that VM One & VM Three are no longer being broadcast in HD on Eir Vision. All this happening while the channel listings on the EPG says that the channels are the HD variants. Have the HD variants of these channels been dropped from Eir Vision in favor of Apple TV carriage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Machinehead

Even more intriguing, today VM One+1 just colour bars & all VM channels now displaying in 4:3. Is there something going on between Eir and Virgin Media?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

VM have a problem with Eir because of the new Eir TV on Apple TV. Usual antics.

Can anyone round here confirm if VM ONE & VM Three are no longer in HD on Eir Vision. Just spent the last hour shafted from tech support to accounts to TV tech support to find out what's going on. One really didn't & doesn't have a clue. The last was helpful but wasn't aware of any issues & even went to the office TV to check quality. AFIK VM ONE always carried a VM HD 'DOG' on it's Eir feed, now it doesn't. Can't check on Saorview because they're not in HD on the feckin' thing in the first place but their web feed has it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Still does have HD on the DOG

lertsnim wrote: »
    Still does have HD on the DOG
    That's on Eir Vision now (not Eir TV/Apple TV+)? I've just got the standard DOG & SD PQ. Eir people could not explain as to why but wanted me to do a complete system reset from router to STB & wall plug extenders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Just seeing this now and checked on evision/ no hd version of vm1 anymore

kooga wrote: »
    Just seeing this now and checked on evision/ no hd version of vm1 anymore

Still labelled as VM One (& Three) HD in the EPG & scrolling menu tho'. Eir tech support confirmed that Eir & VM had a thing going on between them since the launch of the Apple TV service. Strange that a few weeks prior to the new service launch they had agreed a cross supply deal for their sports channels yet they couldn't have sorted this out at the same time.
    Also the channels, eg RTÉ/BBC etc, I had in the Eir Vision Go app (now replaced by the Eir TV app) would not be reinstated unless I switched to the Apple service. At least there's still Mobdro😊

Advertisement