Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missold a Vodafone Broadband package

Options
  • 07-12-2019 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭

About a week ago a door to door salesman representing Vodafone called to my door and sold me a broadband package with the following advantages.

1. Up to 1GB Speed, but in any event faster than my current 350 gb package with Virgin
    2. Cost was 40 Euro PM for life.
    3. My phone no could be ported.
    4. Unlimited calls
    5. I could have it installed for two weeks and cancel with out paying anything.
    6. No minimum term and I could cancel anytime.

He told me I was been robbed paying 67 euro per month for my virgin package with 350GB

Anyway fast forward to yesterday when the contract arrived in the post.

The contract I was signed up to had the following features

1. Up to 150 MB
    2. Cost was 40 euro pm and then 65 after 12 months
    3. I am on a 12 month contract

So I was sold a lower quality package with only a 12 month discounr.

I have cancelled the account on-line but I am very disapointed.

I rang the call centre and a manager was to ring me back in 48 hours so they might ring tomorrow.

I engaged with them on twitter and they could not find my account details as my account was closed. If I had evidence they would honour the agreement. I have no evidence as I was not given any paper work.

One of my security cameras inadvertantly recorded the audio so I have a record that under GDPR I can not use.

I reached out to a senior executive on linkedin and he was to get someone to contact me today but no contact made.

I think this is out and out fraud. They missold me a contract which offered a very reduced service for the same price I was paying.

I am thinking that I will report it to the Guards as fradulant acrivity.

Has this happened to anyone else. Also despite cancelling almost straight away I am still getting letters with DD data, contracts and I think someone tried to deliver a modem today.

Anyone any advice or were in this situation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭10-10-20

So if the audio is extracted from the video and any name and identifying information of the sales-person are removed, then doesn't the CCTV become a valid witness to the verbal contract? I do believe so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭dingding

It is a nest video file I need to see if I can do this. The accent might identidy the agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,291 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Complain to Comreg, don't expect anything from that one complaint but sheer volume usually does make them respond eventually. You need a complaint number from Vodafone - any agent can give you one, do not accept any nonsense about them calling you back with one and just don't hang up the phone.

Basically even with audio Vodafone will say the agent was rogue and not following instruction and do their damnedest to weasel away from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,429 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Unfortunately it's common for door sales to lie as can be seen from various posts here.

TheDriver wrote: »
    Unfortunately it's common for door sales to lie as can be seen from various posts here.

Vodafone are complicit as they dont have checks to catch it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

These lads will cancel an existing order to order again stealing the commission and setting you back. It's a third party run by total scumbags.

Stop answering the door. They're scum but tbh you're a thick for engaging any D2D.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,291 ✭✭✭✭L1011

ED E wrote: »
    They're scum but tbh you're a thick for engaging any D2D.

This is not an acceptable thing to say on here

• Registered Users Posts: 7 nollaigwicklow

Vodafone rang me up today and offered me the same gigabit deal today, €60 for 12 months with a €15 discount. Works out at the same price I'm paying now for 25 mbs. I was happy enough to except the offer. Tonight I looked at the emails they sent me and they have signed me up to Vodafone 150. That's not what they offered me on the phone, too late to ring them. Feel like they have conned me, checked out the gigabit offer online and you get €20 for the first 6 months and 45 for the next 6 months. Anyway it looks like they are at this a lot and not just door to door. I am ringing them tomorrow first thing and recording the phone call. I will advise them the same. If they don't give me the same offer as online with the gigabit, I will cancel and go with sky.

The issue I had was I could not get a complaint reference no from Vodafone to progress to comreg. I must have another go. I think they deleted my account when I canceled the subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 nollaigwicklow

dingding wrote: »
    The issue I had was I could not get a complaint reference no from Vodafone to progress to comreg. I must have another go. I think they deleted my account when I canceled the subscription.

I've been on the phone twice today to amend the contract and they're leading me in circles. Recorded both phone calls and told them I've recorded them. Still not cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,666 ✭✭✭corks finest

dingding wrote: »
    About a week ago a door to door salesman representing Vodafone called to my door and sold me a broadband package with the following advantages.

1. Up to 1GB Speed, but in any event faster than my current 350 gb package with Virgin
    2. Cost was 40 Euro PM for life.
    3. My phone no could be ported.
    4. Unlimited calls
    5. I could have it installed for two weeks and cancel with out paying anything.
    6. No minimum term and I could cancel anytime.

He told me I was been robbed paying 67 euro per month for my virgin package with 350GB

Anyway fast forward to yesterday when the contract arrived in the post.

The contract I was signed up to had the following features

1. Up to 150 MB
    2. Cost was 40 euro pm and then 65 after 12 months
    3. I am on a 12 month contract

So I was sold a lower quality package with only a 12 month discounr.

I have cancelled the account on-line but I am very disapointed.

I rang the call centre and a manager was to ring me back in 48 hours so they might ring tomorrow.

I engaged with them on twitter and they could not find my account details as my account was closed. If I had evidence they would honour the agreement. I have no evidence as I was not given any paper work.

One of my security cameras inadvertantly recorded the audio so I have a record that under GDPR I can not use.

I reached out to a senior executive on linkedin and he was to get someone to contact me today but no contact made.

I think this is out and out fraud. They missold me a contract which offered a very reduced service for the same price I was paying.

I am thinking that I will report it to the Guards as fradulant acrivity.

Has this happened to anyone else. Also despite cancelling almost straight away I am still getting letters with DD data, contracts and I think someone tried to deliver a modem today.

Anyone any advice or were in this situation.

Had similar years ago after a lot of ringing customer care etc cancelled contract,went elsewhere,stick it out don't back down, lesson learned, I'd NEVER agree with any contract at door step level,need to read at my leisure,never again

Advertisement