Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mira shower replacement

Options
  • 05-12-2019 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭

I had a Mira Elite ST shower in my bathroom. I could turn it on but 2 or 3 minutes of use and it stopped working. Then it stopped working altogether.

I have since replaced the unit with a Mira Elite QT which is a direct replacement.

Now though, I can pull the shower cord, and the unit has power (LED light comes on). But when I press the button to run the shower, nothing happens. Looking at the LED light, when I press ON the light dims and starts to flicker. Once the pull cord is ON, there is always power getting into the shower, I have used a phase tester to verify this.

There is water getting to the unit as I can bleed it for air, and water is coming out of the filter when I do this. This is part of the commissioning steps to prep the unit.

Any ideas as to what could be causing the issue? I was going to replace the Pull Cord unit but I am not sure if this would make a difference.

Advertisement