Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help finding a corner bath panel - unusual size

Options
  • 05-12-2019 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭

Any plumbers/bathroom fitters out there that would know where I could get a corner bath panel to fit a right hand curved bath 1500 x 900
    We have tried the shop the bath was bought in but they no longer stock that size and I have tried the usual places

Any help would be much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Would you consider making one out of marine ply and tiling the area instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭magicray

Car99 wrote: »
    Would you consider making one out of marine ply and tiling the area instead?

As its a corner panel I don't think that would be possible without squaring off the area and the bathroom isn't big enough for that , thanks though I am open to any suggestions at all

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

magicray wrote: »
    As its a corner panel I don't think that would be possible without squaring off the area and the bathroom isn't big enough for that , thanks though I am open to any suggestions at all

Car99 made a good suggestion as you may have great difficulty fitting a panel to fit properly.
    A good carpenter would put upright pieces along the outer line of the bath creating a frame. Cut a a piece of thin ply to fit and bend and screw it to the frame.
    Tile over the ply using a nice mosaic tile on matted back and you're finished.
    Keep in mind to ensure that an access panel section is created for any maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

magicray wrote: »

You don't need to square off , two layers of 6mm ply will bend around a smooth curve quite easily with suitable framing built for attaching the ply on. As said above make sure to incorporate an access panel for unplanned events or hiding your stuff from the cops. (Joking)

Advertisement