Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund overdue from Irish Water

Options
  • 04-12-2019 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hello,

I have a case open with Irish Water since July regarding a refund for the cost of a leak detection company survey which was recommended by an IW engineer.  (In the end it was proven that there was no leak).

I received a call from Irish Water on 1st November to tell me that I would receive a refund cheque in the post within two weeks. This did not materialise.  

I followed up with a call to the IW call centre on 26th November where they didn't seem to be aware of the issue but agreed to escalate the problem and I would receive a call back if there was an update. 
    It is now over  a week since that conversation and I still have no update.

Can someone please look into this on my behalf and let me know if anything is happening or likely to happen?
    I can provide my WPRN No, the Irish Water Ref No and my corresponding CRU complaint ref number by PM if required.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 254 Verified rep Irish Water: Agata

Hi carrigal,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We can certainly look into this matter for you. Would you mind sending us a PM with those details along with your name, address and contact number?

Thanks in advance,
    Agata

• Registered Users Posts: 8 carrigal

PM sent

• Company Representative Posts: 254 Verified rep Irish Water: Agata

Hi Edel,

A member of the team has responded to your PM.:)

Thanks,
    Agata

Still awaiting promised refund after two weeks. I have sent a PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Irish Water: Daniel V

Hi carrigal,

Thank you for getting in touch and apologies for the inconvenience. It would be unusual for a cheque refund to be sent this quickly. Firstly it has to be cancelled and re-issued, then it is sent out with the next batch of cheques.

A member of our team will look into this for you and get in touch by PM.

Thanks,
    Daniel

• Advertisement

Daniel,
    That's noted. However I was assured that a cheque would be issued week commencing 9th December.  This case has been open since July so it is not a recent problem. Looking forward to receiving an update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Irish Water: Daniel V

Hi carrigal,

Thank you for your message and we completely understand where you are coming from in relation to this. A member of our team is currently following up on this and as soon as an update is received, we'll be in touch by PM.

Thanks,
    Daniel

Advertisement