Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Analog cameras in Dublin?

Options
  • 03-12-2019 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi! Can anyone tell me where I can find a shop in Dublin that is selling old film analog cameras? eg. Canon AE-1, Nikon F3. Thanks ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭lil_kev

Also, if somebody knows good website for second hand analog cameras. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

lil_kev wrote: »
    Also, if somebody knows good website for second hand analog cameras. Thanks

Grays of Westminster, ffordes photographic, mifsuds, wex, camera jungle etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

lil_kev wrote: »
    Hi! Can anyone tell me where I can find a shop in Dublin that is selling old film analog cameras? eg. Canon AE-1, Nikon F3. Thanks ;)

Try John Gunns Camera shop. He always has a few in stock. The best place after that is Adverts.ie as none of the other shops really deal in film cameras any more.

https://www.johngunn.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

Is all else fails, get a cheap flight to Prague and check out fotoskoda or use their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,681 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Or Ebay ? I've picked up ... a few ... on ebay over the years. Adverts ? Meet your friendly boards members and buy cameras ! What's not to like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Dartz

fixXxer wrote: »
    Try John Gunns Camera shop. He always has a few in stock. The best place after that is Adverts.ie as none of the other shops really deal in film cameras any more.

https://www.johngunn.ie/

I was in there yesterday. There was a Canon T-70 on the shelf - I don't know if it was for sale or not, but there're usually a few second hand for sale.

There's a second-hand shop on Talbot Street towards Connolly Station end, that 'had' some old Soviet Cameras in the window. I don't know what condition they were in mind.

Needful things on Aungier Street sometimes has old cameras - but they're often non-functional. I did get a lightmeter for a Canon P there by sheer serendipity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Dartz wrote: »
    I was in there yesterday. There was a Canon T-70 on the shelf - I don't know if it was for sale or not, but there're usually a few second hand for sale.

There's a second-hand shop on Talbot Street towards Connolly Station end, that 'had' some old Soviet Cameras in the window. I don't know what condition they were in mind.

Needful things on Aungier Street sometimes has old cameras - but they're often non-functional. I did get a lightmeter for a Canon P there by sheer serendipity.

There is no ****ing way I'm going in to a shop called needful things :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Dartz

fixXxer wrote: »
    There is no ****ing way I'm going in to a shop called needful things :D

Of course, that's exactly why I went in.

Bought a Canon P while I was on holidays and, a week after I came home on the way to Gunn's to get me photos developed I dropped in and - sure enough - they happened to have a lightmeter for a P. And nothing else off one. A strange accesory to find orphaned, when you think about it.

Advertisement