Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fujifilm instax mini 9- generic film?

Options
  • 03-12-2019 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anywhere online sells generic film for the Fujifilm instax mini 9?

Thanks,
    Pa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Was wondering the same, daughter just got one and I don't fancy shelling out a euro a pic!

Edit: Just over €20 for 40 on aliexpress using new customer discount.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I'm not sure there is. There's not many companies making film at all. It's Fujifilm or nothing really. You can find decent prices online though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,681 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Only Fujifilm makes it. Buy it online in bulk and store in a cool place, don't freeze it. You might find 'Polaroid' branded film & cameras that look suspiciously similar, because they're just rebranded instax film & cameras.

You might also come across new 'Polaroid Originals' which are actually the 'impossible project' crowd from a few years back who lucked out and managed to get their greasy mitts on the polaroid brand. I wouldn't touch their film with a 10 foot long pole. Or 8 foot really, since that's all the shots you get in one of their packs.

Only Fujifilm makes it. Buy it online in bulk and store in a cool place, don't freeze it. You might find 'Polaroid' branded film & cameras that look suspiciously similar, because they're just rebranded instax film & cameras.

egg compartment in fridge cool or back of a cupboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,681 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

sweetie wrote: »
    egg compartment in fridge cool or back of a cupboard?

Fridge is grand, so long as it's not too cold and you don't stick it in a freezy bit (i.e. if I stick something up against the back wall of the fridge it can freeze up). But take it out a few hours before you want to use it to allow it to get up to room temperature. Freezing is a problem because of the little pod of chemicals, if they freeze they can expand and burst the pod, and disaster ensues once it thaws out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I hunted around, cheapest I could find was on Aliexpress for €5.60 per ten.
    If anyone can find better value, please post.

dinneenp wrote: »
    I hunted around, cheapest I could find was on Aliexpress for €5.60 per ten.
    If anyone can find better value, please post.

The film I ordered from aliespress around the 12th december arrived.
    Not a bad wait time considering xmas and good value.

Advertisement