Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nikon repair in Ireland.

Options
  • 02-12-2019 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Having unfortunately slipped in a boggy area my Nikon D750 with Nikon 70 200 attached ended up submerged in mucky water.
    I would like a recommendation as to where I can send the pair for inspection/repair here in Ireland.
    I would like in particular to hear from anyone who has had a similar experience.
    The camera is acting erratically when used with another lens, but is producing an image, and the 70 200 is producing a "foggy" image.
    Thank you all in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

Clonyn wrote: »
    Having unfortunately slipped in a boggy area my Nikon D750 with Nikon 70 200 attached ended up submerged in mucky water.
    I would like a recommendation as to where I can send the pair for inspection/repair here in Ireland.
    I would like in particular to hear from anyone who has had a similar experience.
    The camera is acting erratically when used with another lens, but is producing an image, and the 70 200 is producing a "foggy" image.
    Thank you all in advance.

Don’t send it to the Nikon repair in Ratoath, Co. Meath. I dunno if he’s gone out of business or lost affiliation with Nikon but was one of the worst customer experiences I have had and I’m not alone. I’d send it to the UK, at whatever cost it is. It’ll be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    Don’t send it to the Nikon repair in Ratoath, Co. Meath. I dunno if he’s gone out of business or lost affiliation with Nikon but was one of the worst customer experiences I have had and I’m not alone. I’d send it to the UK, at whatever cost it is. It’ll be worth it.

The owner there died a couple of years ago. I only dealt with him once but found him very good to be fair. As far as I know he was a one man operation working from home / home workshop.

In contrast to yourself Nikon UK have provided me with some of my worst ever customer experiences on a couple of occasions - and charged nicely for doing so !! (Only DPD have been worse !! )

In response to the OP, check out ZeroHamster on the repair thread. Not sure that he's on here too often anymore. He doesn't have access to Nikon parts AFAIK but cleaning would be no bother to him and he'll certainly advise you as to your best course of action. Nice fella, based in Wicklow.

http://f1camerarepair.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

The owner there died a couple of years ago. I only dealt with him once but found him very good to be fair. As far as I know he was a one man operation working from home / home workshop.

In contrast to yourself Nikon UK have provided me with some of my worst ever customer experiences on a couple of occasions - and charged nicely for doing so !! (Only DPD have been worse !! )

I hadn't realised he had passed. I don't like to speak ill of someone who isn't around to defend himself, perhaps I had just one of those unlucky interactions that are impossible to prevent. As you say, you found him very good. God rest him anyhow.

Advertisement