Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Equipment cleaning options

• 02-12-2019 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all.
    Is anyone using any supermarket cleaners for cleaning brewing equipment?
    I don't feel like paying the postage for, already overpriced, online homebrew stores cleaners.
    Also, I don't feel like waiting so it would be great if there is something in Tesco, or whatever, that i could use.
    Would appreciate any help on this.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

W5 Oxy Cleaner from Lidl does the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 DebeliDule

BeerNut wrote: »
    W5 Oxy Cleaner from Lidl does the job.

I think it has been a while since they stopped selling it, and replaced it with sam scented Formil bs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

I dont have the price of formil to hand, but never thought that Sodium Percarbonate was particularly badly priced (and per Kg, was close enough to supermarket 'oxi' cleaners).

What is relevant is that the brewery cleaners tend to have more of the active ingredient, and less of the rubbish that needs to be rinsed off afterwards. That tends to matter when you are cleaning dispense equipment like kegs etc. rather than easy to clean fermenters.

If you shop around on ebay, you might be able to bulk order sodium percarb cheaper than LHBS for heavy use.

Advertisement