Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RGI certification, boiler fix and probable replacement of control unit

Options
  • 02-12-2019 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,158 ✭✭✭

I know I can look at the website and just pick out one of the options in Dublin 24 area, but just wanted to check first if anyone recommended.
    I got a lot of issues currently with my heating in apartment, (1) I somehow got taken off the gas grid due to a mixup about closing account when I was switching provider, (2) after this happened I could still get hot water using the immersion but that also stopped working so no hot water now.
    So I need to first get RGI certified, then get my gas account back including the installation of the meter box, and whilst doing all this I need to fix any issues with the boiler/immersion. I never bothered to service the boiler in many years so maybe big issue with it that caused the immersion to stop. The Honeywell control unit in the apartment is apparently a system that is outdated, and have been told it will maybe need to be replaced with an updated version. (To be honest I struggled to use it from the start)
    So my plan is to get an RGI technician out to check the connection and give the certificate to reinstall gas account, and also give quote for the boiler work.
    Any recommendations for good company to do this out Rathcoole/Saggart/Citywest direction??

Advertisement