Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now tv picture quality v Sky Satellite

Options
  • 02-12-2019 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭

I'm a sky sports satellite subscriber for decades I use mainly sports.

I hate having to pay for standard package before I can then pay for sports and I'm tempted by the Sky Now TV service as that allows to save money and just subscribe to both Sky Sports and Sports plus.

I'm used to full HD on a 55inch tv does anyone know how the picture compares on Now TV?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

IrishHomer wrote: »

I hate having to pay for standard package before I can then pay for sports and I'm tempted by the Sky Now TV service as that allows to save money and just subscribe to both Sky Sports and Sports plus.

I'm used to full HD on a 55inch tv does anyone know how the picture compares on Now TV?

If you want an idea, run Sky Go on your TV and see how it fairs out. Same servers and same quality.

Once your internet is decent, you should get a decent picture but I find it just doesn't hit the spot like the dish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭galtee boy

NowTv went full HD (1080) up from 720 last week, so you should get a very good picture, but may not be quite as razor sharp as the dish HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mollser

Started using it for the sports extra pack, using both a chromecast and separately nowtv app on an lg tv.

Chromecast picture is pin sharp but frame rate doesn't seem great, you'd know it's a stream.

App on tv looks pretty perfect I must say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

galtee boy wrote: »
    NowTv went full HD (1080) up from 720 last week, so you should get a very good picture, but may not be quite as razor sharp as the dish HD.

Now TV in the UK launched a Full HD service a couple of weeks ago, for £3 extra a month https://www.nowtv.com/boost but the service isn't available yet here so the quality is stil 720p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Now TV in the UK launched a Full HD service a couple of weeks ago, for £3 extra a month https://www.nowtv.com/boost but the service isn't available yet here so the quality is stil 720p

I actually bought a Now TV stick yesterday in Powercity with one months sports and if its only 720 HD is actually very good.

I have fibre broadband, my Sky tv subscription closes next week and I think from now on I'll stick with Now TV.

My kids are grown up and left and nobody in my home watches Sky's entertainment package and I've always hated having to fork out €40 for that on top of Sports and HD extras. With Now TV I'm delighted to just pay for Sports and dip in and out with offers. Pity they can't give Irish viewers full HD for Xmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

I actually bought a Now TV stick yesterday in Powercity with one months sports and if its only 720 HD is actually very good.

I have fibre broadband, my Sky tv subscription closes next week and I think from now on I'll stick with Now TV.

My kids are grown up and left and nobody in my home watches Sky's entertainment package and I've always hated having to fork out €40 for that on top of Sports and HD extras. With Now TV I'm delighted to just pay for Sports and dip in and out with offers. Pity they can't give Irish viewers full HD for Xmas

The other great advantage is that with Now tv you can have two streams going at once. So if you have two TVs you can watch one thing on sports and someone else could be looking at movies. With the Sky subscription you will pay for the second screen on top of your monthly sub

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Live sport content is watchable. On demand is excellent, even at 720p. Sky via a dish is superior for live sport though.

Advertisement