Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connect faucet to shutoff valve

Options
  • 01-12-2019 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

I am trying to connect a faucet. It has a 1/2 compression fitting to a shutoff valve, which has a male thread (i think 15 mm). What is the best way of doing it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Go to your local plumbing suppliers and ask for a 1/2" (half inch) 342 instantor adaptor.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 mfrutos

Thanks @K.Flyer,

I probably got the measures wrong (I don't really know if I should be measuring the inner size or the outer one).

I have attached you what the local store gave me. It fits in the flexitail thread, but not in the shut off valve, which seems to be

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

You will need a reducing bush to go with the fitting that you have.
    Ask for a 042 reducing bush, 1/2" - 1/4" but it might be a 1/2" - 5/8" you need. They 're not expensive items.

Advertisement