Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vokera mynute 16e pressure problem

Options
  • 01-12-2019 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

My vokera mynute 16e pressure is dangerously low,I looked up manuals and mine is semi sealed system, there is meant to be a filling loop ,I've checked under the boiler and in the hotpress and can not find it , I am freezing any help would be gratefully appreciated, I can show pics of hotpress if that would help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭scudodave

My Vokera has a filling stopcock in the hot press near the pressure vessel,when you turn it you hear the pressure vessel filing.
    Try to post a photo, someone on hear will help.
    Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Tattoo39

Would mine be the same as yours????can you upload pics on here ,can't seem to see how you can

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Low water pressure isn't dangerous, your boiler has a low water pressure switch and will not operate is the water pressure is too low.

If your system is 'semi-sealed' then your water pressure will only be roughly 0.1 bar for ever storey above your boiler the filling tank is.
    (i.i if your in a two storey house you would expect about 0.2 bar) and it does not require refilling.

Just on this particular boiler, if it's not working, and you believe it is a low water pressure issue, to check:
    reset the boiler making sure the timer is calling for heat, and listen carefully, if all you here a single click from behind the front panel and the boiler does absolutely nothing else, then yes, you have a low water pressure problem. (the click is the PCB relay when there is a water pressure issue)

It's working now on 0.2 ,is that not very low for the presser gauge to be at on the boiler,some forums I'm reading say it should be between 1 and 1.5,I'm just afraid if it keeps dropping that my boiler will completely knock out ,that's the last thing I need coming up to Christmas as I was only recently made redundant

• Registered Users Posts: 9,931 ✭✭✭dodzy

Tattoo39 wrote: »
    It's working now on 0.2 ,is that not very low for the presser gauge to be at on the boiler,some forums I'm reading say it should be between 1 and 1.5,I'm just afraid if it keeps dropping that my boiler will completely knock out ,that's the last thing I need coming up to Christmas as I was only recently made redundant

The pressure gauge will typically rise as the water heats (and expands) increasing the reading slightly. Boilers typically need a lot less than 1bar to operate. You won’t get 1 bar of static pressure in a normal house anyway, unless the filling loop is tapped into the main supply as the height differential of the cold water tank in attic is not sufficient.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

0.2 bars is fine for this boiler, as it has a low water pressure switch as said above. (normal for a semi-sealed system)
    1-1.5 bar would be on a fully sealed system.

Thanks very much for all the replies ,It has put my mind at ease a bit ,it is working now and i am going to keep an eye on it ,i just thought 0.2 was low from what other forums had stated but all seems ok

Advertisement