Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Collar Mens Shirts?

Options
  • 01-12-2019 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Any suggestions or advice appreciated - sick of shorter collar shirts whereby my blazers cause them to go flat or they collar is simply not puffed up/vertical enough

Normally buy my plain office shirts in Dunnes/Topman

Looking for similar style to below

Thanks

Men-Wedding-Shirt-Plus-Size-Male-Social-Camisa-Xadrez-Flanela-Camisa-Feminina-Blusa-Social-China-Imported.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I can't help with the big collar shirts because I actively dislike them but an easy fix for the shirts you already have is to replace your plastic sewn-in collar stays with metal ones, ideally with a small magnet to keep them bang on. I swear by my set of Wurkin' Stiffs that I got years ago. You get a perfect collar for blazers etc every time. The actual Wurkin Stiffs are pricey but you can get ones the exact same for a decent price on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Well for a start, stop shopping in Dunnes. The collars on those shirts are terrible. Same with Topman. They are not a classic look at all.

For a longer collar like that, you'll really need to go up a number of levels of quality - and price. That Italian style isn't that easy to get over here. Whenever I travel to Rome I come back with an armful of shirts; there's a shop called Doppelganger that sells those longer point collars for like €20 a shirt. They're online but you'll be paying probably the same in delivery: https://www.doppelganger.it/en/clothing/shirts.html

You could also take a look at Suitsupply for shirts: https://eu.suitsupply.com/en_IE/classic_shirts?from=shirts_overview There's a wide variety of collar styles there.

If you don't want to shop online, then TM Lewin is worth a look; or Brown Thomas and Louis Copeland shirts during the sale. I got a Louis Copeland shirt once and it was really good quality; it actually lasted me a few years. You could also do worse than to try M&S, they have a good range of work shirts and you should find the collars you're looking for.

Advertisement