Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thermostatic radiator valves.

Options
  • 01-12-2019 12:02pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know of anywhere that these can be gotten without the heads? Customer has 6 rads to be done and already has bought some sort of smart heads.

From a few basic enquiries it seems that I will have to buy the whole valve and discard the head.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

I know that you can get Myson, Pegler and Danfoss thermostatic valve bodies separately, but don't know if your heads will fit. Often it is cheaper to buy the complete unit.
    Wearb wrote: »
    From a few basic enquiries it seems that I will have to buy the whole valve and discard the head.

If that's the case, especially for price reasons, see if the Danfoss fits. I use the heads regularly enough so we might split cost.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Thanks kf
    There is some sort of adaptor collar with the new heads, but I'd rather not be faffing about with those. I hate callbacks.

I think I'll take your advice and get the whole valve and discard the heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,843 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

The entire valve is about eleven euro in brooks Thomas

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Idbatterim wrote: »

Any idea of the make. Last thing I need is a call back to replace.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Idbatterim wrote: »

I only pay 12 for myson petite packs

• Advertisement
Advertisement