Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upstairs Rads

Options
  • 29-11-2019 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all

I’ve got three rads upstairs which are hot at the bottom and cold at the top. I tried bleeding and air comes out but no water.

As I opened the valves to let the air out I can hear water circulating. At the same time water in rads downstairs (all working fine) starts to circulate also and after 10 minutes or so it stops.

I was given the following info but have not tried:

Close the lock shield valve and open bleed valve....then open lock shield valve slowly allowing water into the rad which will push any air pockets out through the bleed valve

Any advice very welcome...thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Redkev wrote: »
    Hi all

I’ve got three rads upstairs which are hot at the bottom and cold at the top. I tried bleeding and air comes out but no water.

As I opened the valves to let the air out I can hear water circulating. At the same time water in rads downstairs (all working fine) starts to circulate also and after 10 minutes or so it stops.

I was given the following info but have not tried:

Close the lock shield valve and open bleed valve....then open lock shield valve slowly allowing water into the rad which will push any air pockets out through the bleed valve

Any advice very welcome...thanks

Is it a sealed system? Sounds like not enough pressure.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Redkev

How would I know if it’s a sealed system? I should have mentioned that there are three other rads upstairs which are all working fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Redkev wrote: »
    How would I know if it’s a sealed system? I should have mentioned that there are three other rads upstairs which are all working fine.

Does you boiler have a pressure gauge on the front of it or on the underside of it?
    If yes, what is the black needle pointing at?

Can you find something like this picture either near the boiler, or in the hot press near your hot water cylinder?

Warmflow-Filling-Loop-2133.jpg

Advertisement