Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Written Agreement Cost

Options
  • 29-11-2019 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

At last got my ex to go to mediation, Just a couple of questions for anyone that may have gone down this route,
    The Written Agreement, Once agreed on how much approx do solicitors charge to draw up the legal document and do you then just apply for a divorce (again any idea of cost) or what happens?.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭bozd

watching, just going this route today.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

Cost me 3.5k and my wife 3k for our separation agreement. It was amicable with maybe 2 visits each to our respective solicitors. The final divorce should only cost about 500 euro I hope. And also - it cost a few thousand more to resolve the house ownership and deed transfer etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

We went down the mediation route, We had no children or property. We had the mediation through Family Mediation Services & they wrote up a document for us.
    i then brought this document to my solicitor, my solicitor drew up this separation agreement & a deed of waiver for me for 550e plus vat at 23%. This was 2.5 years ago, we are now applying to the court for a no contest divorce. My ex husband got the paperwork done online for a cost of 650e.
    Hope this information helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

You don't need solicitors for a separation agreement. If it is amicable then you can do a deed of separation and have it witnessed by two witnesses. You can use a service to check that it's ok also, costs maybe 150 or so.

Also, you can do a DiY divorce of you or Inn the effort.

Advertisement