Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last Xmas Gift

Options
  • 28-11-2019 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

I am wondering would people have any suggestions on a Xmas gift for wifey to be for our last Xmas engaged?
    Wifey is big in to these type milestones where as I am not and have already gotten myself in hot water before so any suggestions appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

tweek84 wrote: »
    I am wondering would people have any suggestions on a Xmas gift for wifey to be for our last Xmas engaged?
    Wifey is big in to these type milestones where as I am not and have already gotten myself in hot water before so any suggestions appreciated.

You could get a nice print or photo of your wedding venue? Or Is that more of a wedding present maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Last Christmas as an engaged couple is a milestone now?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

eviltwin wrote: »
    Last Christmas as an engaged couple is a milestone now?:eek:

No it’s not. And someone expecting that it be recognized is a very ominous indicator, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭NSAman

A man to bring her into reality?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

A framed photo of you, happy, single, free and healthy. It's a milestone, you'll never see it again.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I'd never heard of this before either, but I just googled it and apparently you can get Christmas ornaments, or t-shirts saying 'My last Christmas as a miss'. Honestly though I would consider stuff like that to be tat that you don't need - she'll never wear the t-shirt again, for example. I see all sorts of stuff like this in wedding groups on facebook - usually from Americans.

If you really want to get something though it looks like you can get ornaments etc on Etsy.
    That last sentence is a bit concerning though - should you really be in 'hot water' for not recognising a milestone that isn't really a thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

FYI, I agree with all the others, it’s crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

My brother got engaged last year and when I arrived home at Christmas (himself and fiance were home too), she was wearing a hoodie saying 'First Christmas as Mrs X to be.

I'm curious to see if there will be a 'Second Christmas ....' hoodie this year:pac:

But seriously OP, these are not real milestones, but invented by people selling cheap tat online.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭tweek84

Scarinae wrote: »
    I'd never heard of this before either, but I just googled it and apparently you can get Christmas ornaments, or t-shirts saying 'My last Christmas as a miss'. Honestly though I would consider stuff like that to be tat that you don't need - she'll never wear the t-shirt again, for example. I see all sorts of stuff like this in wedding groups on facebook - usually from Americans.

If you really want to get something though it looks like you can get ornaments etc on Etsy.

That last sentence is a bit concerning though - should you really be in 'hot water' for not recognising a milestone that isn't really a thing?

Ha ha my thoughts exactly tat.
    I am not one for marking occasions,' hot water' might not have been the correct term but apparently I didn't make a big enough deal for our kids births
    I think you hit the nail on the head with the Facebook comment a lot is down to some crap that her friends post up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭skallywag

...apparently I didn't make a big enough deal for our kids births...

What do you think she was expecting? You to organize three wise men? :pac:

Seriously though, do you really think that she is expecting something for this? I have never heard of it. Has she hinted along these lines?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

To be fair though, the birth of your children is a milestone that can't really be compared to your last Christmas before getting married!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Febreeze

Wifey?

Please stop.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

For what it's worth, I agree that this is not a milestone...

If you're looking for a suggestion though, this popped up on my facebook feed:
    https://ascuteasabutton.ie/product-category/bride-and-groom/
    You might be able to get a nice personalised picture with the date of your upcoming wedding or something along those lines? I think you'll be hard pressed to find a category specifically for "last Christmas engaged" though :P

If you wanted to go all out, you could also get a spa voucher so that she can take a day to pamper herself and relax before the wedding.

Febreeze wrote: »
    Wifey?

Please stop.

Why so serious......Try have a bit of humour

woodchuck wrote: »
    For what it's worth, I agree that this is not a milestone...

If you're looking for a suggestion though, this popped up on my facebook feed:
    https://ascuteasabutton.ie/product-category/bride-and-groom/
    You might be able to get a nice personalised picture with the date of your upcoming wedding or something along those lines? I think you'll be hard pressed to find a category specifically for "last Christmas engaged" though :P

If you wanted to go all out, you could also get a spa voucher so that she can take a day to pamper herself and relax before the wedding.

Perfect that should do

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

https://www.artiful.co/products/personalised-love-mao-print-2?fbclid=IwAR39wkRNAexereJOfEjMFik4GuG2eM4reqcNX0lKy43qKB2g7xkq3X3iGjI&currency=EUR

This has also popped up in my feed if you or anyone else is still looking for something! Or it could come in handy for your last Valentines Day engaged :P

Advertisement