Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy stale beans - Dublin

Options
  • 27-11-2019 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,630 ✭✭✭✭

Bit of a weird request I know.... But I'm hoping to try and pick up a couple of kilos of stale beans to run through a super jolly I just picked up and replaced the burrs on, just to season them.

I've dropped an email to 3fe and cloudpicker in the hopes that they might have some they'd be willing to sell, has anyone else got any ideas on roasters/shops that I could try get a hold of?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Just get some in the supermarket - probably as cheap as you'll get I imagine?

Tesco, SV, Aldi all have 250g bags for €2.50ish iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 21,630 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Just get some in the supermarket - probably as cheap as you'll get I imagine?

Tesco, SV, Aldi all have 250g bags for €2.50ish iirc

General consensus for the super jolly burrs is it can take around a kilo or two for the replacement burrs to bed in.

I know discount coffee does kilo bags for around €11 but I'm just being a bit tight on coffee I won't be drinking I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

General consensus for the super jolly burrs is it can take around a kilo or two for the replacement burrs to bed in.

I know discount coffee does kilo bags for around €11 but I'm just being a bit tight on coffee I won't be drinking I guess!

Was in a Lidl last night. They had 1kg bags of beans for IIRC 4.99 :eek: ( might have been 5.99 - wasnt paying attention )

• Registered Users Posts: 21,630 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

0lddog wrote: »
    Was in a Lidl last night. They had 1kg bags of beans for IIRC 4.99 :eek: ( might have been 5.99 - wasnt paying attention )

No large bags in my local unfortunately, but grabbed some of their 'single origin' for something like €2 for a 250g bag, sure it'll have to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

No large bags in my local unfortunately, but grabbed some of their 'single origin' for something like €2 for a 250g bag, sure it'll have to do!

Guess they will be the cheapest beans your burrs will ever have to grind :D

I should have said in the 'specials' aisles not with the normal stock coffee

kind of like2_82211_Bellarom_Cafe_Crema_507.jpg
    ( dont think they were 100% arabica )

• Advertisement
Advertisement