Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple TV 4K, Ireland, Amazon Prime Videos ??

Options
  • 27-11-2019 8:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello Forum

Could some kind person tell me if you can watch Amazon Prime content on an Apple 4k TV streaming device in Ireland without any Issues ?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

I got a free trial with amazon and I was able to watch it using the fire stick I am also on eir broadband and got prime for a year but having difficulty setting it up on fire stick

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

OP, there shouldn’t been any issues.

http://www.apple.com/newsroom/2017/12/amazon-prime-video-arrives-on-apple-tv-in-over-100-countries/

catrat12, Prime Video in Ireland is only supported on the “Fire TV Stick Basic Edition”. Any other combination involves discussing circumventing regional restrictions, which we can’t discuss here, but given that Amazon themselves don’t seem to really care, have a look at the Prime Video thread over in Television.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

So I should be able to get it

icdg wrote: »

http://www.apple.com/newsroom/2017/12/amazon-prime-video-arrives-on-apple-tv-in-over-100-countries/

catrat12, Prime Video in Ireland is only supported on the “Fire TV Stick Basic Edition”. Any other combination involves discussing circumventing regional restrictions, which we can’t discuss here, but given that Amazon themselves don’t seem to really care, have a look at the Prime Video thread over in Television.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

icdg wrote: »

Ok this information is completely incorrect. You can watch Amazon Prime video 100% on Apple TV 4K also on the Nvidia Shield 4K/HDR/Atmos the lot.
    Completly released in Ireland and no circumvention needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

TCP/IP wrote: »
    Ok this information is completely incorrect. You can watch Amazon Prime video 100% on Apple TV 4K also on the Nvidia Shield 4K/HDR/Atmos the lot.

Will now tv work on the Nvidia Shield?

• Advertisement

TCP/IP wrote: »

Just for context - I was referring solely to Amazon branded devices. Not anything else.

To restate for clarity - the only Amazon branded device the Irish version of Prime Video is supported on is the Fire TV Stick Basic Edifion.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

Not sure if this is the right thread but it relates to Apple TV and Amazon Prime so said I'd drop it here.

Recently changed over to Eir TV (Worst mistake ever, but stuck with it for the next 12 months). Part of the deal involves Amazon Prime Video for 12 months free. Had to set up an Apple ID and create an Apple account before I could even download the Amazon Prime App. Eventually got it sorted but then when I went to watch an episode on the Prime App I was asked to login using a 6 digit number that appeared on the screen via AmazonPrime/MyTV.

My issue is I can't find anywhere to put the login digits so can't view anything. Has anybody else came across this issue?

We don’t drag up old threads, but to be a little more helpful on this one, my recollection is that you have to log in to Prime Video on your mobile device and enter the code there.

Advertisement