Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumber damage

Options
  • 27-11-2019 8:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hey guys,

We have had a new boiler and smart valve system fitted this year. The install has been a nightmare, water leaks,5 kerosene leaks, leaking radiators, system not working, pitching into expansion and feed tank. The original plumber left an awful mess and took new towels and everything. Since then 8 plumbers have been out from the company fixing various things. The latest: i went into our dining we rarely use and the floor was buckled so wedged the door, when I inspected i could hear water hissing, took off covers for rad pipes and see water flowing under floor. Had to rip it up to get to leak. I can see a bend in the pipe where it comes up from concrete screed over to new valve on rad, with a crease in the pipe.

The company said they will fix leak(2 days ago) but the ruined wooden floor isnt their fault that it was old pipes. I thought the plumber should be accountable if the last person working on the rad bent and broke the pipe.

So am i eating the cost of this floor or is the responsibility on the company to replace it?
    https://imageshack.us/i/plxCg3Dtp

[IMG][/img]https://imageshack.us/i/pnOuNOnMj

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,985 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Sounds like you need a solicitor as well as a good plumber

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Sounds like you need a solicitor as well as a good plumber

Exactly. At this point I'd be engaging a reputable plumber outside of the company to fix the issues, somebody to fix the damage and putting together a large bill

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I don't suppose you got your plumbers through Facebook did you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Jpscoles

The company is reputable and had a good reputation, they are based in cork, but i think for jobs up around dublin meath they use subcontractors. It seems like all this nonsense stems from the first plumber that came out, snd then its constant fixes rather than just sorting it all out. In afraid to use another plumber now as they might wash their hands of the job and i have to go to court. We have a new baby at home and the heating has been out of action 3 times, in 10 weeks, and now we have been without for 2 days due to leak

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

OP, I feel your pain, I’m in the same boat. I need a shower now, but I’ll wake the kids if I run a tap in the house. Again with us it was a big firm, every time they send a different plumber who simple doesn’t give a F. We’ve been put through hell. I’m engaging a solicitor this morning. I hope you get your situation resolved.

• Advertisement
Advertisement