Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outside Firebird Boiler not firing

Options
  • 27-11-2019 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi All,

as the headline says, I noticed it last week but has gotten progressively worse since. It started last week when the boiler was running (Oil fired with approx 1/3 of a tank oil in it). its struggling to fire (like spark isnt taking) last week started with 3-4 attempts, I wasnt sure at the time and wanted to see how it was, but now its taking about 8-10 attempts before it'll fire. Boiler runs away and rads all get nice and hot as expected, and as normal. But when it cuts out and back in, its struggling again. Any suggestions what might be my issue? or am I better off calling a plumber to have a look?

Boiler was serviced in January/February, has been off for most of the summer and we've been using it on and off for about 2hrs a night now since about mid September but not every night, but with the weather lately its been about a 2wks every evening.

I did take the cover off and have a look at the boiler but I honestly havent a clue what Im looking at. I didnt hit the resest button as I didnt think it was necessary as the boiler was firing and running, eventually

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭jimf

could be a few things really

over aired

faulty photocell

restricted fuel supply

partially blocked nozzle

fuel pump slipping

just a few of the possible causes so best to get your service guy back

Advertisement