Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SunStroke 2020

• 26-11-2019 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭

So SunStroke 2020 is looking likely...

It also coincides with an announcement from Faith no More!

Fingers crossed!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭fyfe79

It's gotta be! I'm also hearing a rumour of Deftones.

Was at the last Sunstroke in '95 so will certainly venture up for this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

FNM confirmed...

The rest of the supposed line up is tasty too, Deftones, Gojira, Refused, Helmet...

and the rest have been confirmed too

https://www.sunstrokeireland.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

SUNSTROKE%202020%2010.webp

Interesting lineup for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I remember the original one with FNM & Helmet. Great gig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I remember the original one with FNM & Helmet. Great gig

Didn't Helmet play in '94?

FNM was '93 with Sugar, Belly, Disposable Heroes of Hiphopracy, The Golden Horde and maybe one other. I'm almost sure Helmet weren't that year.

EDIT - Sonic Youth were the other band.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Didn't Helmet play in '94?

Yes they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Brilliant. Never saw FNM live. Last band really on my bucket list. Consistently made good music. Patton was my hero when I was a young lad. Angel Dust was majestic. I played Mr Bungle's debut album to death to try to get to like it, until I matured a bit and realised it was crap and pretentious IMO.
    Anyway will be unreal to get to listen live to Epic, midlife crisis, matador, I started a joke.
    Just one question - Has anyone seen if you can buy a one-day ticket. Couldn't see anything on google about a one-dayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Saw FNM supporting GnR in Slane in 92. It was RHCP in Sunstroke. Soundgarden were MEANT to play, but pulled out IIRC.....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Saw FNM supporting GnR in Slane in 92. It was RHCP in Sunstroke. Soundgarden were MEANT to play, but pulled out IIRC.....?

RHCP were down as the original headliners in ‘93 but pulled out and FNM stepped in. Chillis then headlined in ‘94. Soundgarden were to be on the bill in ‘94 (not headlining though) but cancelled. They then headlined in ‘95.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,486 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Never liked FNM much but saw them at a European festival in 2015 and was blown away by them.

This is tempting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭skD13

With the Download overlap and a gap in System of a Down's schedule on the Saturday. What are the chances!?

I'm happy enough as it is with Deftones and FNM - and I have discovered a few good bands on the undercard already this morning - but SOAD added to the mix! Would be magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

skD13 wrote: »
    With the Download overlap and a gap in System of a Down's schedule on the Saturday. What are the chances!?

Pretty much unlikely as they are playing in Italy on the 12th June - same with Korn too.

Brilliant. Never saw FNM live. Last band really on my bucket list. Consistently made good music. Patton was my hero when I was a young lad. Angel Dust was majestic. I played Mr Bungle's debut album to death to try to get to like it, until I matured a bit and realised it was crap and pretentious IMO.
    Anyway will be unreal to get to listen live to Epic, midlife crisis, matador, I started a joke.
    Just one question - Has anyone seen if you can buy a one-day ticket. Couldn't see anything on google about a one-dayer.

Day tickets were listed on the official site’s “Tickets” page yesterday – early bird was €69.50, normal price was €79.50.

Just double-checked now to confirm before I replied, and I see that that info has now been removed! Looks like there will be day tickets eventually but they won’t release them as part of the “Early Bird” deal now. Shame.

I’ve never seem FNM live but been a big fan for years. Had a ticket for their Olympia gig in 2009 but needed to sell it. They’re playing the 13th – hopefully Gojira and Helmet are playing the same day. Obviously Deftones will be playing the 14th – would like to see them again but can’t really do 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,098 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Day tickets were listed on the official site’s “Tickets” page yesterday – early bird was €69.50, normal price was €79.50.

Just double-checked now to confirm before I replied, and I see that that info has now been removed! Looks like there will be day tickets eventually but they won’t release them as part of the “Early Bird” deal now. Shame.

I’ve never seem FNM live but been a big fan for years. Had a ticket for their Olympia gig in 2009 but needed to sell it. They’re playing the 13th – hopefully Gojira and Helmet are playing the same day. Obviously Deftones will be playing the 14th – would like to see them again but can’t really do 2 days.

Gojira are playing Download the Saturday so will be on Deftones day

Mushy wrote: »
    Gojira are playing Download the Saturday so will be on Deftones day

Sh!te :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

missed faith no more last time they played dublin, despite having tickets and a change of clothes in the car

must see them this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Reading on Overdrives FB page and they were pretty insistent that capacity for this is only 10k. Surely that can't be right

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I'm at a wedding that weekend, what a complete shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

mayordenis wrote: »
    I'm at a wedding that weekend, what a complete shambles.

it'll never last

your love for FNM however,

that's forever

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

scudzilla wrote: »
    Reading on Overdrives FB page and they were pretty insistent that capacity for this is only 10k. Surely that can't be right

Surely if it was that low they would have opted for non-camping RDS (Download Ireland 2006 anyone?)

It's in Punchestown though - 75,000 capacity, can't see then doing that little!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Surely if it was that low they would have opted for non-camping RDS (Download Ireland 2006 anyone?)

It's in Punchestown though - 75,000 capacity, can't see then doing that little!

Punchestown they have ability to adjust accordingly in terms of stage build they did it for whatever festival they had there last think Tom Jones headlined and when they tried to revive Oxygen as a dance act focused event.

With the pitch in RDS you're pretty restricted 30k at that Metallica DL Ire gig iirc unsure what Axl Guns day did, clearly FNM and Deftones as quality as they are they won't be expected to draw similar numbers here to those commercially bigger bands.

Advertisement